New Public Aquarium In Upstate Ny!!!

KatBri

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you know that my fiancé is the Director of Education and Animal Husbandry for the new public aquarium that will be built in Lake George, NY. This is going to be a fantastic facility with exhibits ranging from high mountain Adirondack waterfalls, the Hudson River, Lake George, Lake Champlain, tidal pools and stingray touch tanks, to a 250,000 gallon shark tank, 100,000 gallon Caribbean tank, mariculture facility, and more. They plan on having a hobbyist exhibit too, featuring how to’s and a bi-annually selected hobbyist chosen to set up and maintain their own exhibit at the facility.

We’re in the design phase of the facility at the moment, and we’re looking for government and foundation funding to help in our non-profit endeavor. I’ve seen the preliminary designs that my fiancé has completed and they are AMAZING! This place is going to be fantastic!

Right now we’re looking for anyone willing to help out with the distribution of flyers and pamphlets, especially in the Albany area. We’ve got some fund raising flyers, and some general information pamphlets that will be ready for roll-out in the next few weeks. Anyone interested in helping out please contact my fiancé at dperry@adkaquaticlife.org.

Thanks so much. We look forward to meeting you all, and eventually being able to host some of your meetings, and even bring in some of the reef guru’s for brain picking sessions for you. Maybe even Anthony Calfo!!! My fiance (Doug) actually used to own a live coral farm in central Florida, and sell the most beautiful frags I’ve ever seen all over the world. So I’m sure he’d be happy to answer questions for you as well.

Back