New Reefer Rant - Two months in

Be honest, why does it seem like you are harassing him?

+1 it's getting weird
Besides, there's an obvious reflection of light off the water surface in post #55.

If people are going to pick on this kid instead of try to help them, they ought to do it better. There are far better uses for our time than piling on someone who is asking for help, especially when op had the juevos to keep trying, and come back to update us on their progress after all that drama. Lots of folks would've just quit either the forum or the hobby. I'm happy op stuck around, happy their tank is coming along and they are enjoying it, and happy that they are brushing off the haters.
:p

PS I still don't believe the dragonets are ok, just that they aren't going to show their malnutrition until it's too late.

Let's keep on topic and refrain from personal attacks/speeches. It is apparent the OP doesn't want to listen to all advice (as he has maintained that he is too "stubborn").

If people still wish to offer advice regardless of the odds of him listening, that is their choice on how they invest their time.

If knowing your advice won't be heeded is an issue for you, the best thing to do is to avoid the thread.

Thanks for the compliment on my water clarity I guess? But I appreciate the honest critique and support from the rest of you.

I will continue to monitor the dragonets closely, and I know most of you think I should ditch them. But I wish I could explain how many copepods I can see on the glass and such. But like you guys said, they have to stick around for at least 6 months before I can say they're surviving. I'll be sure to let you guys know if one perishes (and return the other) so someone can read this thread and not make my mistakes.

Thanks for the compliment on the fake LR! I had no idea what I was doing but it turned out great.

I know I've asked like four times on this thread, but I still haven't gotten a skimmer and was planning on getting either a reef octopus bh1000 or the aquamaxx coneS HOB skimmer. Not sure how to decide besides price.

Also, any suggestions on my next fish purchase? I was thinking a coral beauty angelfish. The banggai's are nocturnal and the dragonets crawl on the rocks so i never actually see fish swimming around!

But I'm about to move my clownfish over from QT now. I've waited just about two weeks, is that long enough or should I wait longer? I got them from a very nice saltwater only shop called New Wave Aquaria. I highly recommend them for anyone in the twin cities.

Thanks again

Back