New shop in town!

Dawn II

Premium Member
I just got an excited call from my daughter who works in advertising at the NewsPress. a man was standing at her desk placing an ad. A week ago he opened "Mike's Corals & Fish". 1213 Ceitus Terr- off Pine Is. Rd,across from Carraba's. 4:30-8:00 for right now. 458-4247. We are in Wilma damage clean-up, but will try to get by later or tomorrow! Dawn.:) :)

Thanks Dawn, thats not far from me. I'll have to check them out, though i am going to have to be froogle for a while. we are building a house, and adopting from china. :D

Minutes from my place. And on my way home from work. I'll check it out tonight. :D Thanks for the info. I'll post a review on the store.

Nice small place. On some things he's cheaper on others he's more expensive. Medium selection of beginner corals, medium-low selection of fish. Not a big store. He is just getting started, and will need signs on Pine Island Rd to make his store found. He's actually across the street from the Cape Coral Racket and Health Club on Ceitus RD.

Nice Guy. Possible good future.

just stopped by ... small, but CLEAN place! Mike seems like a real nice & personable person!

most, if not all of his fish were really FAT! great looking fish.

just as an FYI ... mike has a real nice & healthy looking Goldrim tang

he's a real beauty!!!
50C79EABE12A4E8AB665D32CCDCD8564H.jpg

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/tangs/goldrimtang

i was going to ... but i'm looking for a yellow, and then a naso ... lindsey wants a powder brown ... and an achillies tang ....

but realistically ... a yellow, and maybe a naso, or blond naso, or powder brown. will have to see.

realistically ... its spread acros well over 200g .... thats for bio-load ... maybe i should use that monster skimmer on my tank ;-)

tangs create no where near the bio-load that aggressive fish ... messy eaters create.

Yeah, Mikes a real nice guy. He gets all his fish from a Chinese wholesaler in LA and has his mom pick up the shipment at the airport on Wednesday.
I've been there a couple of times when it comes in and you would not believe how many are belly-up. He says they just give him credit for all the dead ones.

Hey Wiz- Did you see the Dendro's he had, They have been there for months. He wants $200 for each frag (which consist of 6 polyps +/-), If he drops his price a little I might buy one.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9176743#post9176743 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ConcreteReefer
Yeah, Mikes a real nice guy. He gets all his fish from a Chinese wholesaler in LA and has his mom pick up the shipment at the airport on Wednesday.

Hey Wiz- Did you see the Dendro's he had, They have been there for months. He wants $200 for each frag (which consist of 6 polyps +/-), If he drops his price a little I might buy one.

yeah, he said he got his stuff out of LA & has it flown here.

no, didn't see ... don't even knwo what it looks like.

He had some nice large open brains though.

Back