new stand build

vinc

well I am on my way and getting ready for the 215 oceanic tank. I am in the process of building my basement around my tank. Well thats what my wife says when I tell people i am put a tank in my basement LOL. it is going to be a built in tank but is going to be 3 sided viewing tank with one end a overflow. The basement is all studded and insulated. Most of the eletrical is in to. Now I am at the wall were my tank is going. So I started building the stand for the tank. I used 4 x 4 ceder post for the legs and 2 x 4 to run from one to the other . Now the structure is built I am going to put plywood on the top and on the bottom for my 55 gallon sump. I just need to know if I need to use marine grade plywood. The reason I am asking is because I have a ton of wood from building my log home and have extra 3/4 inch plywood. it is 5 ply. is this suitable or do I need marine. thats why I used 4 x 4 ceder post for the legs left over lumber from my house. thanks for all your help

Plywood is fine as long as it's painted or sealed somehow.

Do yourself a favor and research humidity and its effects. Many folks don't give it a second thought until they see mold growing.

Back