New Store - Lakeland!

Status
Not open for further replies.

utry2win

I was driving down S. Florida Ave this morning and happened to spot a brand new store! I stopped in, and they had just opened today. I took a look around, and the store looks fantastic, the equipment is very nice, professionally built. The livestock looks great as well. Nice selection of quality fish and inverts. Also carrys a large selection of dry goods

I spoke to the owner while I was there, his name is Todd and he said he hosted a frag swap there a few months ago, before the store was put together. Seems like a super smart guy, and very down to earth. The owner and store manager (Matt) seem to care a lot about the livestock they carry, and it shows in the amount of effort they have put into the store.

Anyways, I grabbed a card and figured I would let some of the locals know there apears to be a better option than wasting your time at the other Lakeland stores.

Studio Aquatics
1419 S Florida Ave
Lakeland, FL 33803
(863) 683-7333

Todd told me they would be open all weekend including monday. I didn't write down the hours but I think they said 10am-7pm.

Glad to hear they finally opened.
Thanks for letting us know, I will have to get by and check them out.
How was the coral selection? It would be nice to have a local store worth going to.

He has several very large tanks setup for corals, but hasn't gotten much in yet. He had some softies, shrooms, zoo's a few LPS things like that, but hasn't got any sps in the store yet, but planning on it very soon.

I heard that same thing, and actually asked him that. He said he did pick some tanks up from there, but is only going to use one of them in the store as a live rock tank. It is in the store now, but not plumbed up yet. His livestock tanks are all brand new. The rest of the tanks he got from Blue Reef are going to be setup as QT tanks in his back area, from what he said.

I hope he worked on the seams a little bit....no offense to anyone....but they looked like they weren't too far from splitting!

an acrylic live rock tank? well what the heck....you can't beat free I suppose!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13276928#post13276928 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JUICE!
I hope he worked on the seams a little bit....no offense to anyone....but they looked like they weren't too far from splitting!

an acrylic live rock tank? well what the heck....you can't beat free I suppose!

I would definitely recommend Euro-Bracing those tanks before they get filled. There was some bowing issues with all of them. The last thing you want is a couple hundred gallons on the floor. Please let the owner know out of courtesy.

He didn't mention any extra bracing he was planning on the tanks, but I didn't talk to him very long about them durring our conversations. He just mentioned that he had some work to do before he was going to use them, so I'd imagine he knew of the lack of bracing issues. Anyways, next time I'm in, I'll be sure to let him know of your warnings. I'm sure he'll appreciate your concerns.

Aussie Shipment

Aussie Shipment

I talked to the Matt the Store Manager over there and he said they are supposed to be getting in an Aussie shipment sometime in the evening today so I am planning on making another trip up there to see if they have anything I need... uh.. want.

mike

More than one member posting from the same computer to promote a new store make me very suspicious. I would like to have an explanation, immediately, or someone will find their account(s) terminated and a new store name in the profanity filter.

Kevin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back