new tank help

emmabrown

HI Guys
I am looking to start all over - I just sold my redsea 350 with all the fish...
I plan on getting a 150g or 180g display tank. much more room to play with.

I need help with the fish list and order.
my last tank I lost way to many fish added fish that should not of got in this tank ect. all new bee things to do.
I want to do things right this time around as this will also be may forever tank...

with that said I do not plan on doing coral I like fish only tanks

I would love to do a bunch of tangs as this is my favorite fish so please keep that in mid with the fish list below

here are this fish I would like - I know this list is going to be to big for the new tank. please help me remove or tell me what should not be in this tank. I also need help with the order

Tank fish list

Ele
Snow flake or zebra

Tangs
1- tomini
2 -small Blond naso / or naso
3 -Purple tang
4 - Blue hippo / or yellow belly blue
5 -Yellow if I can find one
6 - powder brown or blue - a little skeptical as they are ice magnets

Angel fish
Flame

Butterfly
2 Heniochus black and white

Wrasse
7 line
labouts
Golden romboidalis
Pint tail
Mystery
Blue Striped Tamarin Wrasse

Random other type of small fish
Flame hawkfish
2- clown
Royal gramma
Purple dotty back
Dimond watchman
5 Bartletts anthias or Lyretail Anthias
Falco hawk fish
candy hogfish

thanks

Half the list is a heavy biology. How prepared are you for frequent water changes?

I'd get rid of the bigger fish, the tangs, the anthias. At least.

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

Half the list is a heavy biology. How prepared are you for frequent water changes?

I'd get rid of the bigger fish, the tangs, the anthias. At least.

I meant to say bioload.

I have a Servise that takes care of the tank - they come once per month and they do water change as well as test water
I would remove some of the tangs but I must have at least a few of them like a blue hippo/ or yellow belly - and yellow tang or purple tang
and I would do less anthias but I would like to have some

Make sure you have a good cover for the tank, or your eel is likely to end up on the floor.

As far as tangs, I'd limit it to maybe 4, especially if you're going to have two butterflies as well.

The Royal Gramma and Blackcap are too similar, I'd choose one or the other.

With two clowns, the anthias (and you should have at least 4 for good male-dominated harem), the pygmy angel, a wrasse and a hawkfish or two, I'd actually limit it to three tangs, and introduce all the tangs at the same time. And a good cover will be important for the wrasse as well.

Kevin

Make sure you have a good cover for the tank, or your eel is likely to end up on the floor.

As far as tangs, I'd limit it to maybe 4, especially if you're going to have two butterflies as well.

The Royal Gramma and Blackcap are too similar, I'd choose one or the other.

With two clowns, the anthias (and you should have at least 4 for good male-dominated harem), the pygmy angel, a wrasse and a hawkfish or two, I'd actually limit it to three tangs, and introduce all the tangs at the same time. And a good cover will be important for the wrasse as well.

Kevin

Hi Keven
yes I know all about the top for the eel and the wrasse
I would be happy with 3 tangs - and yes I agree about adding them all at the same time
so here would be the new list for the 180g display
3 tangs - blue tang or yellow belly, purple tang or yellow if I can find one, and a Naso
I would pick the Royal Gramma over the Blackcap
2 clowns
4 anthias as you recommended
1 flame angel
3-4 Wrasse
1-2 Heniochus black and white
and like 2 punchers like a hawkfish
1 eel like zebra or snow flake

I would have to say like you I am all about the look of tangs and yes it can be done specially if small and introduced all together. Blue are bigs and with that said they will dominate the tank specially if they don't feed on seaweed.

In my tank I have a mix of convic, mimic, blue, purple, scopas, and lavender which all mix together but my blue is a bully and grew fast. And I have to feed a lot to avoid aggression as well. With a Naso I know they also grow fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back