New tank won't clear

Maybe a low flow issue allowing cyano to build up on bottom, try getting more water movement at bottom. Cyano is not always just red or green or brown but is a slimy looking mucky mess that loves slow flow.
Dinos gets snotty stringy & covered with bubbles.

Cyano is part of your cycle just let it be
As it matures it will go away.
If it gets out of control turn your lights of for 3 days plus start adding some bacteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming it's man made rock.
Or dead. It has to build a bacteria colony. It's going to be awhile for it to balance out. I normally throw a raw shrimp in there to help speed it.

Turn off your UV and skimmer.

I added the UV sterilizer to knock out the tank cloudiness. I mean it was really bad. Couldn't see fish past about 3 inches and this lasted for 10days before I added the sterilizer which cleared it overnight.

I also added a Nero 5 blowing across the length of the tank and set to about 2500gph.

The whispy light grey/brown stuff is still there at this point.

I've only been running the lights on for about 3 hours to the fish can eat and then settle in.

"If it gets out of control turn your lights of for 3 days plus start adding some bacteria."

I have Microbacter 7 and Vibrant wich are both bacteria. Which one should I begin dosing?

I don't know much about vibrant. I have used micro bac 7 in the past with good results, lately I've been using Dr. Tims.

Back