new tank

atrain5851

In Memoriam
I just setup a 14 gallon oceanic biocube... how long does it usually take to cycle so i can put my corals in it and any ideas for a few good fish to stock it with? thanks

Attachments

• photo-1.pdf
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
4 to 8 weeks .You need a test kit and moniter the readings.When they drop and level its cycled. Then add some CUC wait a week or two and add a fish then wait and add CUC and fish or coral.Take your time and start with a good mix.With a small tank you really cant add so many fish so be selective as there area alot of uniuqe not so mainstream fish but have fun with the coral.
I would add another powerhead as good cross flow is best.

Looks great though GL.

Thanks so i can have quite a bit of coral with no problem? i wasnt planning on adding many fish maybe a gobie and something else thats it some crabs and snails? sound good... will a koralia nano be good?

Yes it the main reason for the cycle.As for coral just get small frags and if water condition stays high then in 4 months you will be threading"How to control coral growth".Coral can be trimmed back and control and the bio load is very small compared to a fish.Just research the coral s needs. http://www.asira.org/caresheets

For better succes. Reef tanks mean coral and the fish you use help the health from algea control to SB condition to critter control and maybe a little visual effect.

aight as far as non mainstream fish what is your opinion... its hard to find non mainstream since most stores carry alot of the same fish but i know a place that takes requests sometimes

right now i have a crocea, hairy mushrooms, suncup, star polyps, baby zenia, pipe organ frag, sps coral frag, and a stony coral frag, and a torch... too much? and i was thinking about a 2 spot signal gobie

Im sorry but your in some trouble.But you maybe able to avoid a meltdown if you listen to all the posts and slow down.You need a test kit.And research a calcium drip fast.You have a large load on such a new and small tank.Its not that it cant handle the load its if you can control the load. You need to know the water readings to begine and proceed from there.

i am not adding them all at once sry for the confusion i have them in a separate tank that has been setup and running for a while... thats what i am going to gradually put in the new bio cube ... i have a test kit but i am unable at this time to test the water in the new tank the water in the already running tank is normal.

i was asking if you thought that they would be alright in that tank eventually? not right this minute the tank has only had water in it for a day.

Back