New to Aquariums & Reef Central

Spearfisher88

Hello Everyone,
I am extremely new to the aquarium world and this is my first saltwater tank. I have been introduced to this addicting hobby by Milfordguy, which some of you probably know. He gave me his 25 gallon Aqua pod before he headed out to become a Marine. I have had the tank for a couple months and have fell in love with this hobby. I am a dive instructor and spend lots of time diving around all this incredible marine life. I am very excited to be able to admire it every day in my home. I have slowly been acquiring more and more knowledge of tanks and how to keep everything up 100%. I will be getting a 130 gallon tank soon that I am going to make into a reef tank.
I will upload pictures hopefully tonight to show what the tank looks like and what I all have in the tank. I appreciate this incredible site as it has helped me a few times already on questions that I have had and I'm sure It will help a crazy amount in the setup of the 130 I am planning on getting.

Welcome. Lots of knowledgable people on here willing to pass on there wisdom. Glad to have u. Look into coming to a tbrc monthly meeting too. U can meet people in person and see some nice setups

Welcome to the team. You'll love it here. Some great and very knowledgeable people here.

Good luck with the next setup.

Welcome aboard man. Lot of good people on this forum with a lot of knowledge. I'm not too far from you if you ever need a hand with anything. Come checkout next months meeting, it's being held in Largo at Janes_mw's house and his stunning 300g acrylic zeovit tank with what I consider the biggest and fattest blonde naso Ive ever seen.

Welcome aboard man. Lot of good people on this forum with a lot of knowledge. I'm not too far from you if you ever need a hand with anything. Come checkout next months meeting, it's being held in Largo at Janes_mw's house and his stunning 300g acrylic zeovit tank with what I consider the biggest and fattest blonde naso Ive ever seen.

Welcome!! Yes, come to next months meeting!

And CrazyEyes, your not being very politically correct, he prefers to be called well fed :)!

Welcome!! Yes, come to next months meeting!

And CrazyEyes, your not being very politically correct, he prefers to be called well fed :)!

He's big boned. lol

Welcome! I've always wanted to start diving but never have time it seems, so I brought it to me! Interesting choice on a 130 gallon, what are the dimensions?

IrishYang- One of my really good friends is looking to get rid of his. He has it set up as a Gulf tank now. I was planning on converting it to a reef tank. I have a picture, but i'm not too sure how to get it uploaded on here.

My wife and I are going to try and make the next meeting. That is the one in Largo on the 16th correct?

Welcome aboard, didn't take you long to make the jump into a big tank. Lots and lots of reading I found always helped when I stared out new. Best of luck in this great hobby

what is the best way to upload pictures on the forum?

Once you have the link to your photo, you will click on the picture icon
insertimage.gif
above the box where you are typing and it will give you a popup to add the URL.

It should look something like this.

Your other option when you want to resize photos because they are too big or too small, is to use this code. You just need to add <> outside the code like the picture below shows.

img src="YOUR LINK GOES HERE" alt="THIS IS JUST A TITLE FOR
YOUR PICTURE" height="600" width="800"

Untitled.jpg

Once you have the link to your photo, you will click on the picture icon
insertimage.gif
above the box where you are typing and it will give you a popup to add the URL.

It should look something like this.

Your other option when you want to resize photos because they are too big or too small, is to use this code. You just need to add <> outside the code like the picture below shows.

img src="YOUR LINK GOES HERE" alt="THIS IS JUST A TITLE FOR
YOUR PICTURE" height="600" width="800"

Untitled.jpg

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the help and will get my tank pictures uploaded to my profile now

Back