new to area

doug2718

hey just wanted to say hi ... i live in spring hill ... moved from north miami beach to valrico and then landed here .... i love it here ,relaxing and kids have plenty of room ... when i first signed up to RC i met Ted (tried to grab some MH from him) ... he sold them already but told me about a new lighting system he was going to work on (great job) ... how are the corals doing (waiting on my reflectors to come in) ... i've also got a chance to meet Diane and her lovely family ... i would love to make a meeting but i work weekends at the hardrock ... i will try as soon as i can to which days so i can meet everyone ...

Not to take up to much time but let me get into my setup dreams lol ... i have a 120 4'2'2' i started the stand build looks good for first time ... just dont have a clue how i'm going to do the canopy yet .... if anyone is handy i wont turn down help =0) ... hmmm going with mag 12 pump and a tunze 6060 in the middle of my two returns ... Diane got me some cool VHO's with aleast a year worth of blubs thanks again for great deal (LMK when skimmer is ready) going to do Ted's 68Watt lights (two) ... i have a AC Jr but dont know if i should keep it ... i just cant figure it out ...

Ill throw some pics up 2morrow ... i was thinking about putting a build thread here if thats cool ... talk later and hope to meet everyone soon ...

doug and family

Hi and welcome.

I'd love to see your tank build. Canopy's are pretty easy to do, theres lots of info on RC about them. I'd be interested in the controller if you sell.....hmmmm canopy for controller????? :cool:

Paul

How's it going Dough ? You may want to check out my lights before you go that route . They may not be to your liking . They seem bright enough for me , but you may want something brighter . Ted

Hey Doug i see that you are new to the area, im glad you and your family enjoy it...I would also enjoy seeing your biuld as well...Me and my dad just got done building are canopy to match our our stand that we had built a uear ago...It was really easy...I will be posting some pics of the build and maybe you can get some ideas off of what i did...Chris

Welcome to ANCHOR!
Looking forward to pics of your build. Lots of friendly folks around here - great for answering how to questions.

Gatorolsen

Thanks for the nice words Doug. You have a beautiful family. Don't worry, we'll have a meeting one weekend when you're off... Do you ever get weekends off? Or maybe we can schedule the meeting early or late so you can meet everyone... really a great bunch here.

diane

Doug,

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to meeting you. The next scheduled Anchor meeting is on April 19th at 10:00am at my house "down south" in Palm Harbor. The Anchor meetings are extremely friendly / casual. And family / friends are more than welcome to come along. I sure hope you can make it.

Jim

Doug and family welcome to
16469anchorlogo.gif

Thanx guys for the warm welcome .... i was wondering my tank is up on the stand and ready for water ... is there a real local place i can get filters for my ro/di and a bucket of salt ...

doug

I find that salt is high up here. Fish & Other Ichthy Things has good prices, but it's such a drive. Sometimes we can hitch a ride with a local member, but I ended up getting my salt online from Drs Foster & Smith. I got 2 buckets of Instant Ocean delivered to my house for $70. I didn't really want to buy 2 buckets, but shipping is $10, so by getting 2 buckets, it works out well. ($35/bucket instead of $40). I get my ro filters at Ichthy Things, but I buy several when I'm down there. I think the store in Spring Hill, just S of the dinosaur on 19 has ok prices for ro/di filters, but I like to buy local at FAOIS when I can.
HTH
diane

160 gallons each. Sure, you can buy one Doug. Next time we need em, we'll just order together again : )

Diane

P.S. Do you want the Metal Halide setups?

i need till friday to choose ... this is my problem do i go with Ted's new light system or metal halides .... i just dont know ... what do you think .. i'm leaning on your metal halides, then in a couple of years if lights change i will ... yeah be4 you put in a order i would love to get stuff (salt etc.) great idea ... is friday okay to pickup salt ...
doug

I'll be out of town on Friday. With the kids off school, the hubby took Thurs & Fri off and we are taking them to do some family stuff. Today is good for salt pickup and tomorrow late morning is probably ok too.

About the MH, it is totally your call. I like their shimmer, but am considering going Ted's route in the future. You could visit both places with your wife and together make up your minds. Either way, just lmk.

I'll pm you my phone number again so we can make arrangements : )

Have a GREAT day!

Back