New to hobby

as far as the skimmer i never had any problems with it. (if it was up to me) i would set it up as is and if you notice the skimmer isnt working as it should or not pulling out as much then add one to the sump. Just starting out it should be fine unless your adding a huge bio load

Yeah, that's what I was thinking on doing, he even suggested that I could give it a try just to see how the stock skimmer works and if needed then I'll look for one....

I think I still have some time to figure this out:fun4:

Well, after looking around the forum, craiglist and other sites.... I want to say that I am now an owner of a used RSM 250 with a sump and refugium.... Can't wait to connect everything and start cycling....

But now I have tons of questions.... Where is the best place to buy things for the tank? I will need aragonite sand, rock, water, salt.... Is it better to buy those things in a local store or online?

Cool, Post some pics when you get a chance:thumbsup:

as far as the skimmer i never had any problems with it. (if it was up to me) i would set it up as is and if you notice the skimmer isnt working as it should or not pulling out as much then add one to the sump. Just starting out it should be fine unless your adding a huge bio load

Yeah, that's what I was thinking on doing, he even suggested that I could give it a try just to see how the stock skimmer works and if needed then I'll look for one....

I think I still have some time to figure this out:fun4:

Here are a couple of pics, I just finished putting all the things in the living room, I'm only missing one hood pin, any ideas where can I get one? Since I don't know how to plug the sump, the seller told me that we can schedule a conference call so he can guide me through....

image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the plumbing shouldnt be to hard if i remember correctly they have a simple in and out pipe to add extra filtration. it should just hook up into that

I kinda need help, I tried reaching the seller but no luck... I cleaned it with white vinegar (just what I could removed) there is calcium or some white stuff stuck in the back glass... So I only removed what I could...but I really want to start the cycle tomorrow...

I kinda need help, I tried reaching the seller but no luck... I cleaned it with white vinegar (just what I could removed) there is calcium or some white stuff stuck in the back glass... So I only removed what I could...but I really want to start the cycle tomorrow...

OK no problem we an figure this out what questions do you have or if you want I could come over tommrow after work and do it for you if you'd like

It came with 3 different colors, (blue , white and pink), I don't know if this standard on all stock RSM

image-4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

no worries yeah just making sure you had everything needed. I'll tell you what I'm about to go to bed now I'll pm you my phone number in the morning and after work either try and talk you through it or like I said I don't mind coming over and helping you set it up. its super easy just hard for me to explain through text. but I promise one way or another we will start your cycle tommrow. do you have all the sand and rock (I reccomend a lb per gallon of each)

not a problem man glad to help :) so for your shopping list for tommrow get 60 to 65lbs of sand and 50 to 60 lbs of rock some of the rock can be dry rock even just get at least 10lbs of live. so gett all that and we will be cooking with crisco lol

Well I filled the tank with 60 lbs of live sand, 67 lbs of live rock and water
image-7.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]
image-8.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]
image-11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not even a full day and my wife spotted these, pictures are not the best but hopefully you can see what they are and let me know if they are bad....
image-15.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-19.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image-20.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image-16.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back