New video I produced for TBS.

CuzzA

I'm learning about scuba videography, so don't be too critical of my skills. It wasn't easy being a new diver, solo, maintaining buoyancy and fighting a current all while trying to keep the camera steady.

I promise much better high quality videos to come in the future. I'll also post a video of a natural reef just north of TBS's site.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U9d3CZwHdOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WOW. Amazing job man. It really changes the perception of many reefers that don't fully understand where live rock comes from and how it is cultured in a eco-friendly manner.

Great work!!! Thank you for sharing.

Indeed. If you think about it... It's a ton of work. Make the rock, box the rock, ship it to Florida. Unbox the rock, load the boat, dump the rock, really hard work collecting the rock, then off loading the rock from the boat into holding tanks, take orders, properly package the rock, drive it to the airport and then repeat.

I give Richard a lot of credit and I'm happy to see we are going in a direction of no longer harvesting reefs for rock for our tanks. It's gotta stop and the time is now.

Thanks for the compliments.

Did you use a go pro ?

Yes. For some reason when I uploaded to YouTube the quality was reduced. Clearly as you can see in the video I need much better video lights a larger table for the camera to keep it steady and I probably could benefit a little by adding some more lead to keep me from fighting the current.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments.

Yes. For some reason when I uploaded to YouTube the quality was reduced. Clearly as you can see in the video I need much better video lights a larger table for the camera to keep it steady and I probably could benefit a little by adding some more lead to keep me from fighting the current.
The video is awesome and I'm glad to see the high quality of it ,I'm looking into purchasing a go pro soon and seeing your video just confirms how great they are ....very nice cuzza

You had me with the first reggae riff :) Great Video, and the music sets it off, I wish I could have your skills to video my reef, edit, and add sound! Thanks for posting this, my next setup will start with this rock exclusively. Again Well Done!!!
:)

Thanks. I'm working on a new camera table that should vastly improve the video quality. More vids to come in the future.

Here's a reef just north of Richard site. Viz was pretty good, but definitely green water. I did my best to correct it and edited the video to be more friendly. This was taken from my GoPro mask so it's a little jerky and given the activity my head was on a swivel for more than one reason. :D But at least you can see a reef next door to Richards and what's typical out here for those of you who don't dive.

Open in your browser and set to HD for higher quality.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/edEa2RIu384" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back