New Wireless pumps from Jebao RW-8 & RW-15

It's not wireless? The cord is still in you tank but it can be adjusted....you can turn the power head! Not just a straight flow which I like Even though I was planning to go with the MP 40 jus for the backup battery pack? Thoughts? 180 gallon upgrade....

Are you asking if its supposed to be wireless? The communication between pumps is wireless

It's not wireless? The cord is still in you tank but it can be adjusted....you can turn the power head! Not just a straight flow which I like Even though I was planning to go with the MP 40 jus for the backup battery pack? Thoughts? 180 gallon upgrade....

For an SPS tank go with 2 RW-15's, if LPS go with 2-3 RW-8's depending on how much return flow you have. I replaced 3 MP-40's with 2 RW-15's on my 6ft 210g last month. More flow than anyone needs.

For an SPS tank go with 2 RW-15's, if LPS go with 2-3 RW-8's depending on how much return flow you have. I replaced 3 MP-40's with 2 RW-15's on my 6ft 210g last month. More flow than anyone needs.

This is the dilemma I was just having as well. I'll report back once I get my RW-15's in for my 6ft 150G softie & LPS tank. Should hopefully have them by this weekend.

I have two RW-15s and the other day when I was cleaning up some wires, the power plug to one of them came half way out of the power supply. When I realized it and plugged it back in, the only lights that will light up on the controller are the one for the master or slave, and the mode. Nothing else no matter what I do. So I changed it to slave and the other one as the master, and I think it is working properly, but is there a fix for this?

Hey Guys,

Currently thinking of changing 2x Vortech Mp10WES on my 3x2x1.5 SPS dominant tank.

What would your suggestion be on these RW pumps? 2x RW-4 or 2 x RW-8?

I'm open to further suggestions

Hey Guys,

Currently thinking of changing 2x Vortech Mp10WES on my 3x2x1.5 SPS dominant tank.

What would your suggestion be on these RW pumps? 2x RW-4 or 2 x RW-8?

I'm open to further suggestions

You should keep the vortechs. But if its 90% sps rw-8. But because of your height rw-8ight be too much flow. Rw-4 might be too low

No RW15s yet so looks like I'm waiting until next week. Was hoping to mess with em this weekend since when I ordered it said delivered by today at the lastest.. oh well.

Amazingly I ordered some stuff from BRS an hour or two before I ordered these from fish-street (supposedly California warehouse) on Monday and I got that stuff Tuesday, used that packaging material for something I was shipping to Cali that same day and that was delivered on Thursday via flat rate shipping at the post office. :crazy1:

Disappointed in my RW-4 I just received. I removed my two MJ1200 powerheads and installed the new RW-4 and it barely moves water. I was thinking if it had good flow like one of my MJ1200 I would get another and have one on both sides. Everyone was bragging how much water these Jebao move and always having to turn them down low to keep the sand storms from happening. Guess I should have gone with the RW-8 at least. The RW-4 would be good for a nano tank but not much more.

skeeter

Disappointed in my RW-4 I just received. I removed my two MJ1200 powerheads and installed the new RW-4 and it barely moves water. I was thinking if it had good flow like one of my MJ1200 I would get another and have one on both sides. Everyone was bragging how much water these Jebao move and always having to turn them down low to keep the sand storms from happening. Guess I should have gone with the RW-8 at least. The RW-4 would be good for a nano tank but not much more.

skeeter

Take it apart and reassemble making sure the rubber bushings are seated fully and the impeller is not binding up. Common issue. They should be moving a TON more water than your two MJ1200 combined.

I agree. My RW-8 moves at least as much water if not more than my previous Ecotech MP-40. You must have something binding the pump or a bad controller not providing enough juice.

No-go. I removed the pump and checked the impellor and it flipped around the magnet poles just fine. Disassembled it and checked the bushings, no problems. Everything looked fine. Reassembled it and put it back in the tank. I set it up next to a MJ1200 and the MJ blew it away. The MJ must be pushing twice the water and the RW-4 is on full blast. Any other ideas?

If not, guess I have to contact the seller to see if he will do something about it. Bought it off ebay but at least it was here in the US. Hope that ends up making a difference.

skeeter

Back