New Wireless pumps from Jebao RW-8 & RW-15

2 rw-8 for sure. 100% positive. Of you do a single rw-15 you will have a lot of dead spots. More weaker pumps is better than 1 strong. Yet even if you were going to get 2 rw-15 the rw-8 would still be better for your tank.
Arrgh! Lol, I ordered a single rw15 yesterday! That's OK though, free shipping so I can order another or 2 rw8s later. I also have a 100 gallon 72" in the same room that I'll need a power head for and I can alway switch thus one over there if need be. I want redo the rock work in my tank though, to minimize deadzones and take advantage of the undertow these units can produce. I'm building a 48" X 12" stand out of 3/4" pvc piping with eggcrate on top to hold all my rock. I'm going to make it around 2" high and center it in the tank and pile the rock on, as opposed to resting it against the back glass. I can disguise the front the with some smaller rocks or corals, but I think this way the riptide will suck a the debris from underneath and help keep the rocks cleaner too. Has anyone tried something like this?

Do the RW's save setting during loss of power? I am usually not home on the weekends would suck to be gone Fri & Sat to come home and have the powerheads on full blast throwing water out of tank

Does that just plug inline with the pump or do you have to cut and splice?

Yep, that's it. Essentially it switches power to the controller on/off rapidly which due to the internal capacitor on the power input simulates a constant lower voltage power input to the controller and pumps thus slowing them down.

Do the RW's save setting during loss of power? I am usually not home on the weekends would suck to be gone Fri & Sat to come home and have the powerheads on full blast throwing water out of tank

Normally they do, but as with all things electronic there is the occasional glitch and exception. A few people have reported them not starting up at all after power out, or starting back up on a different setting. I think it was more of an issue with the older WP pumps and old style controller though.

Does that just plug inline with the pump or do you have to cut and splice?

Its not the highest craftsmanship, so you have to wiggle the the plug into it the female side, but other than that its perfect. No cutting and splicing at all. It goes inline between the power supply and the controller.

Nice product and great performance, I saw him when more than a friend ... I would recommend it purchased from
Fish-street.com to ensure you get the Original product and Genuine Parts.

I just received my rw 15 yesterday and set it up last night in my 125g tank. The tank is a 72x18x22. I placed it on one side, pointing straight across. I have to admit, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the power. It's got good flow, but even at full speed it wasn't blowing sand around or anything. Do these need time to break in? In W1 with speed at max and my wave set to the largest, I was seeing about a 3/4" wave cresting on the opposite end. Nothing to sneeze at but is definitely need 2 of these or possibly a rw20.

I just received my rw 15 yesterday and set it up last night in my 125g tank. The tank is a 72x18x22. I placed it on one side, pointing straight across. I have to admit, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the power. It's got good flow, but even at full speed it wasn't blowing sand around or anything. Do these need time to break in? In W1 with speed at max and my wave set to the largest, I was seeing about a 3/4" wave cresting on the opposite end. Nothing to sneeze at but is definitely need 2 of these or possibly a rw20.

Ordered the rw20.

Ordered the rw20.
If you're doing a single pump, that'll probably be perfect. Kinda wish I'd ordered it too. I'm still playing with settings though. I managed to generate a bigger wave in W1 by adjusting the knob. Now in else mode. Let me know how yours does when you get it.

I just acquired a wp25 from a local hobbyist that came without a controller for 30 bucks. I'm planning to use it with my reef angel plus controller and see if between the two I can get enough flow going.

On a 6ft tank I. Would recommend 2 RW-15's or 3 RW-8's. 1 pump on 1 side will always have dead spots.

Madhatter...2 RW-15's in W1 at 60% can send water over the lip of my 6ft 210g.

On a 6ft tank I. Would recommend 2 RW-15's or 3 RW-8's. 1 pump on 1 side will always have dead spots.

Madhatter...2 RW-15's in W1 at 60% can send water over the lip of my 6ft 210g.
I think that's what I need. I tweaked the wave size with the dial till it was a little over an inch on the opposite side but a second pump is needed to really give it the ooph on the wave back, it seems. Would you place the pump lower and point it upwards? Or higher and pointed downwards?

Hey folks, this seems like a good place to ask this question- I'm a newb setting up a 36 gallon bow front. Eventually I want to have soft corals, maybe some LPS (maybe, not sure yet) and a RBT anenome. I've got 35 pounds of live rock and 40 pounds of sand substrate.

I had been thinking I would go with a pair of Koralia 425s and the Hydor controller, but I'm wondering if I'd be better off with 1 or 2 RW-4s? I don't know how much flow I actually need, but I've read 10-20x turn over, so that would be 360-720 GPH, which seems like a single RW-4 might do it? or is two advisable? I was hoping to mount it/them to the sides of my back glass facing toward the front bow- or is that a bad idea?

Thanks for any suggestions you might have

Back