Newest Addition

Blue04

After being fisheless for almost 2 months, i got a new addition to the tank

DSC_0150.jpg

This was my first attempt at ordering livestock online. Saltwaterfish.com had them on sale for $9.99 and i've had a coupon code for them waiting to be used so i pulled the trigger and he arrived this morning.

He's acclimating now but i'll post some better pictures later this week. I have some corals on the way that should be here Friday so i'll add some pictures of those also.

Dont have a sump but have HOB fuge and there's plenty of those lil critters crawling all over the tank.

Well the corals that were supposed to be here Friday ended up being left in Orlando by UPS so they will not be delivered til Monday.

At 5 days in the box, i'm not too optimistic that they will have survived the trip.

Well the corals that were supposed to be here Friday ended up being left in Orlando by UPS so they will not be delivered til Monday.

At 5 days in the box, i'm not too optimistic that they will have survived the trip.

I would refuse the shipment at this point, as I am sure nothing will have survived that long in their wear house/truck heat.

Im going to go ahead and see if by some miracle everything survived. I informed the seller and he has already issued a refund as he is not optimistic as well so we'll see.

Package arrived today wet and beat to hell.

Opened it up and the bag that contained the birdsnest was just about empty. Any remaining water was dark brown. The coral had broken into about a dozen peices.

The other bag which contained a sunset monti appears to be ok. Water was in bag and clear, currently acclimating to see what happens.

Package arrived today wet and beat to hell.

Opened it up and the bag that contained the birdsnest was just about empty. Any remaining water was dark brown. The coral had broken into about a dozen peices.

The other bag which contained a sunset monti appears to be ok. Water was in bag and clear, currently acclimating to see what happens.

That stinks, I can't stand UPS. I order something for overnight, derived by 10am and they do not show until 6:30pm because I am out of the way for them. Ugh, I need to drop this or I will get worked up...
Good luck.

Yeah, what urked me is that they are the ones who screwed up by leaving it in orlando but when i asked if it could be delivered Saturday they said no cause Saturday delivery wasnt paid for. Well if u wouldnt have forgotten it it would've been delivered on Friday lol.

Took a pic of the soul survivor. Looks like there is some life left to it so i'm gonna acclimate it and see how it goes

DSC_0011.jpg

I think this one may just make it. Usually i just temp acclimate corals, dip them and then put them in but since this one was in the bag so long i did a 2 hour drip acclimation that i would usually do with a fish.

So far so good, saw some signs on polyp extension. Have to see when he lights come on tomorrow. will try to get some better pictures.

Back