Next??

NO!! just kidding P. Changed mind, maybe. Perhaps. Probably. Plus, he left the door wide open to speculation! Haha!!

JAY, I LOVE IT!! Finally someone that can rebuttal on an informed, scholarly fashion. Your to cool for school Jay. But some of the your comments, OUCH!!! A little personal there my good friend.
Oh all in jest for sure and I hope you didn't take anything personal for it was not meant to be. Your knowledge is without question and greatly appreciated. I have to admit that arguing about specs is my profession but Pedro took no prisoners!!!
shocking.gif
biting.gif

Jay

None taken. I love informed friendly banter. This was all in good fun! If we don't provide the right information, logic, or knowledge we would all be doing this hobby wrong. How can we ever come to a conclusion of what is right wrong if we are being fed the wrong information on a consistent basis. That's all I was trying to convey.

ok i got tired of reading lol...

so my next step is to get the mp40 and then the controller and then an mp10 and then maybe another mp40...and then maybe like the ecotech guy said i will get a supplemental one and get an mp60. And then when my tank REALLY takes off I will get another mp60 and run them all at 5% to save the life of my pumps so i can use them for the rest of my LIFE!!

This is only until they come out with the new robotron mp100 and we will have to start this conversation all over again...

ok i got tired of reading lol...

so my next step is to get the mp40 and then the controller and then an mp10 and then maybe another mp40...and then maybe like the ecotech guy said i will get a supplemental one and get an mp60. And then when my tank REALLY takes off I will get another mp60 and run them all at 5% to save the life of my pumps so i can use them for the rest of my LIFE!!

This is only until they come out with the new robotron mp100 and we will have to start this conversation all over again...
You've always got to consider that next tank upgrade!! :) It will happen!!!!

Jay

nah no upgrade for me 90 is good to go... I would have just made the 150 tank or the 120 tank in to reef.

I am totally lost here and have no idea in He!! what to buy for my 12 gal biocube now. I only run two mp10's on my 300 and they rock! Go figure
:wave:

Being more serious here. I have two mp40"s in my 300, the tank is 8'x30"x25". I have really good flow in the tank and it is very random. I can honestly say that one of the 40's would make great flow in the tank. It all depends on how you set it. With only one 40 I was able create an inch and a half wave.

I think you are far better off with to much pump rather than not enough when it comes to these pumps. If you have a pump that you have to run on max all the time to get the job done it doesn't last as long. I have my pumps set at about 60% and that is plenty.
Of course this is all JMO and we all know what they say about opinions.
:wave:

MP20s and upgraded the driver and power supply with EcoTech manufactured parts

Is this the same thing as a MP40W????? or is there something diff about MP40W ES vs MP20 upgraded to MP40????

MP20s and upgraded the driver and power supply with EcoTech manufactured parts

Is this the same thing as a MP40W????? or is there something diff about MP40W ES vs MP20 upgraded to MP40????
I believe that you can upgrade the MP20 to MP40ES by buying the power supply part number 10136 ($50) and the ES upgrade kit MP169 ($100). It is the same wet/dry side. You could just skip the MP40w Gen 2 upgrade. Do you have an MP20? I do have an extra MP40w Gen 2 Wireless Wave Driver but no extra power supply.

Jay

There is a company that is selling some mp20 that have the full upgraded MP40 WES kit I just wanted to see if saving 80$ was still going to get me the same thing. Company says yeah had a bunch on mp 20 and ended upgrading them the are selling them for 370$. They claim that they are not used.

good deal ?

What's the website? Also, keep in mind that once a third party gets involved in upgrading the original MFG's product, they void the warranty. Just a thought. For piece of mind, I would just buy the MP40 because you know its new and backed by Ecotech warranty and support just in case something does happen to it. Saving $80 on something you don't know will function now or down the road is not worth it. That's just me though.

Back