Niger Trigger

bmw_zoan

Hey guys this post is not very significant just feeling bored and decided to post something... I recently got a niger trigger on my reef tank, I was going to get Hans (already reef safe) but he unfortunately died :( Very cool fish, he is apperantly "reef safe" He hasnt touched any snails/hermits, and he even lets the cleaner shrimp clean him! I didnt know these fish liked flakes/pellets, I thought they only accepted frozen.. Mine apparently loves the pellets 100 times more than the frozen food.. I have seen them trained before to spit, does anybody know how I can accomplish this??

Beto

They spit when they are Hungry or bored, if you had him in a tank by himself like Dennis did then he would spit at you for attention

Yeah now that Charlie has it I have never seen him spit again.. Well I guess mine will never spit.. How about when they change colors?

My trigger isnt Niger but a Picasso (humu humu). He loves pellets too. At first he didnt go for them but now he does like crazy. He accepts frozen too very well. He hadn't touched anything either like corals, hermits or other fish.

I think as long as they're fed well they won't go for anything else.

yea mine did that at first.. never went for pellets now he goes crazy for them... but thats awesome, if i get a bigger tank I will try another type of trigger

Triggers are awesome with the most personality of all the fish!!! Glad you guys got a good one Beto/Max. Wish mine would have stayed alive to go to your guys home. Oh well. Next system is def going to have several triggers.

Back