No more RODI floods

otrlynn

Here is a link to an inexpensive mechanical timer that I use on my RODI system. It allows me to run my RODI for up to 2 hours and then shuts off the water automatically. In two hours I can just about fill a five-gallon spring water jug or bucket. With better water pressure I imagine you can produce more water. If you need a timer that allows you to run your RODI for a longer time period, do a search for timers for watering gardens; there are fancier units out there. I posted this link in a different thread, but it was buried and I thought more people might be interested.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=248105-306-9300GF&lpage=none

Thanks for the info. I have to set a timer in the kitchen and make sure I stick around.
If this works, it will be a great help.

I used to do the same thing...then I'd walk away from the timer...LOL. This works much better! I even set it and leave the house. It is mechanical, doesn't even need batteries, not much to go wrong. I suppose the 120 minutes might turn out to be 118 minutes but who cares in this application???

You know, I have a timer like that (different brand and/or model), and for some reason it doesn't work when I'm using it for my RO/DI. It works fine if I'm running a sprinkler or something like that. I take it you've actually put this one to the test. If it's working for you, I'm definitely going to find that specific one. I have a float valve in my reservoir, but it's always getting stuck in the down position.

Yes, I have been running it for about three months--no problems. The only limitation I see is if you want to make a lot of water, since the max you can set it for is 2 hours. However, you can just walk by and give it another twist and re-set it for another 2 hours.

I'll take having to reset it every couple hours over flooding my garage and wasting countless gallons of water. Thanks for the tip. I'm always looking for an excuse to go visit Lowes.

Back