noob needs help but wants to get serious

Once you get your good skimmer up and running, you can look into carbon dosing to lower nitrates. Theres plenty of articles and threads you can read about it in the meantime. I've been dosing vinegar or vodka for years and never had an issue, or nitrates above 1-2ppm

Once you get your good skimmer up and running, you can look into carbon dosing to lower nitrates. Theres plenty of articles and threads you can read about it in the meantime. I've been dosing vinegar or vodka for years and never had an issue, or nitrates above 1-2ppm

you're the first I've heard about dosing vinegar

tds meter is built in to the RODI system, its reads 1-2 on the output. Been like that from new. Ive done full checks on the water and its good.

It should read zero. If your on a softer/well, you might be burning through DI resin. If you don't have the color changing resin, you might want to replace with that color changing resin and/or add a 2nd container after it. That might address your 1-2ppm on output.

It should read zero. If your on a softer/well, you might be burning through DI resin. If you don't have the color changing resin, you might want to replace with that color changing resin and/or add a 2nd container after it. That might address your 1-2ppm on output.
+1

As soon as my meter reads 1. That DI resin is replaced ASAP :)

tds meter is built in to the RODI system, its reads 1-2 on the output. Been like that from new. Ive done full checks on the water and its good.

So your DI resin is spent if you see more than 0. There is every possibility that the DI at this point could be making the water worse. And I'm not sure what checks you think you are going to do to prove the water is good, to see the things we're talking about at the levels we're talking about would take some hella-expensive lab equipment that I am sure you don't have at home.

new skimmer and water changes and I'm down to about 15 on my nitrate. Bought a torch and a blast today and put them in. wish me luck.

torch opened up as soon as i put it in the tank, its doing great. Blasto stayed closed up until this morning. blues came on and it was half open. when the whites kicked on it opened fully, so i fed them both. its so exciting, I'm such a geek right now, lol.

torch opened up as soon as i put it in the tank, its doing great. Blasto stayed closed up until this morning. blues came on and it was half open. when the whites kicked on it opened fully, so i fed them both. its so exciting, I'm such a geek right now, lol.
:)

Back