Normal corraline algea? Or excessive?

mikevarro

20170128_074551.jpg

Hi everyone,
I'm definitely new so all tips welcome. I am doing weekly water change 10% from saltwater from lfs. I have a few snails and crabs and started using no pho x (red sea) stuff to reduce nitrate. My test this morning showed about 5-10ppm which is down from 20 last week. Should I scrub the rocks? Or will some of the algea wear off and snails clean? I guess I'm curious how bad it is...thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't add anything. your extending the length of your cycle by adding chemicals, let the nitrates rise. Just use a turkey baster to blow the rocks. If you add anything it would be Tim's bacteria but that's it, and only if you don't want to wait for the cycle. When I started a new tank years ago I had only a clean up crew for about 6 months with some ghost shrimp. But I didn't add anything but live rock and sand. Til my nitrates dropped then cuc Then 3 more months then fish then about 6 months after that coral. But my friend ran the local saltwater fish store and she kept me patient.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

But I now 8 years later have the same mated pair of clowns and about half of my rock came from my old 90 gallon and everything is stable

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Back