Not Happy At All

blooper74

In Memoriam
No longer happy with LampDr. almost two weeks since order. Maybe I am just not getting mine. On your website it says in my order history that I have never ordered anything from your store. Your store sure took my money, it was taken from my account the next day. I understand people getting sick and all, but at least send an email or something to let people know thier orders are going to be delayed.

This is exactly what LampDr. has on his theard here at nano-reef.com

"The price for the kit is $140.00 Shipped 2 day priority mail...
Upgrade to 150W for $195.00 " "

My order was placed on February 15th. it is now February24. Nine days and still no light, I am only upset because he has a 2nd day priority mail shipping policy, not nine days.

Heck he won't even respond to any of my emails, I have sent him several and I have not received a single responce. Not good company policy in my opinion. Sorry but I may not ever do business with LampDr. again. :mad2:

Never heard of them either. I know Brad just got a darn good deal on his 250w retros for like $160 each with the 14k bulbs included.

Priority mail seems to have a problem lately. My new x1800 xt was shipped priority a week ago and still hasnt gotten here. Also, a friend of mine ordered a new laptop and it was shipped priority and it took a while, so maybe USPS is having some shipping delays...

Srry to hear about your troubles, I was thinking of getting the 70 watt MH retro. for my little 10gal. and all the wonderful new little inhabitants I have recently accuired from GENEROUS David. But i feel that $140 is a little steep.

What do you guys think?

I have a 150hqi over my nano cube, and would just spend the little extra to get that. Ive see both the 150 and the 70 and think the little extra is worth it in my opinion.

I am in the process of trying to mount it right now. The way it is made makes it really hard to mount. llewoh05 I would go with a halide setup, you will be happier in the long run. Your corals will love you for it too.

with 8" of water on my 10gal. i think the 150 will be overkill. ill probably burn up everthing in my tank, but if you guys are not having trouble then i guess i will upgrade to the 150. But, I don't think i can talk the wifey into another $200 expense. Unless, I can find the whole retro setup for $150 or so.

Any ideas?

I got my setup used for 175 dollars off the classifieds thread. The bulb was replaced about a month before I got it from the guy who was selling because he got a bigger light. It is one of these:

http://hellolights.com/aqadhatamo.html

I love it; it works great and ive not had a single problem with it. Mine has a 20k bulb which has perfect color for me. Ive definatly noticed a definate improvement in my corals since the upgrade. When I get a chance, I'll take some pictures and post them.

Seldon

That would be too much over a 10gal. Unless you have it 24" above the water, LOL. You could do a 150 and it would work. My 70 looks awesome over my 10gal.

Back