Nov 12th Brian Green's Annual Event

Mrs Postal

t's that time of year again. Time to go down to Nokomis and enjoy an afternoon of BBQ and mingling. Staring at 4pm on Nov. 12th. This annual event is a multi-club event that has folks from all over FL coming. The TBRC always has a huge number of people who visit each year. The event is large and in addition to some great food(Brian provides the entrees) you get a tour of Brian's operation and at the close of the evening, there is a Frag Auciton so bring cash! The limit for frag items is no more than 20 per person and no more than 3 of the same item. This is a big event so there are tons of folks who bring stuff. There will be an address to submit pictures of your items to shortly. There will be a projector for the pictures to be displayed on so that you can get good pics of your items to show!

In addition to your family, please bring a side item or dessert item to share with everyone. There is a ton of food so you just one dish. The TBRC will be bringing our cooler with sodas, juice and water. Any other beverages of choice are your own.

Address is: 201 Sunset Dr, NOKOMIS FL 34275-3116

So upset we can not make it for the first time since me and the lady got into the hobby however we are getting married the next day, so we have an excuse haha, will be thinking of that BBQ...

ok I have been around the hobby an forms a bit, can somebody let me know what is at Bryan's house that makes this such a fun event.

ok I have been around the hobby an forms a bit, can somebody let me know what is at Bryan's house that makes this such a fun event.

He also has about 3000 plus gallons of water all over grown with corals to the point that sps corals are growing out of the water. It's a must come to meeting. Generally a few hundred corals in the auction.

Don't miss this one I promise.

Roger

I'm looking forward to this as my military schedule has interfered with meetings most of the year! Finally a weekend when I am not on duty!

I'm part of SWFMAS in Ft Myers. Last year was my first year in our club and everyone kept talking about BG event. I convinced my wife to go and even entered a few frags in the auction. Everyone has different definition of fun so I'll say very very enjoyable. Am I glad we went definitely YES. We got to meet people we never met in our club. we met people from other clubs. It was great opportunity to share stories experiences and meet some great people. FOOD was great. It would be hard to leave the event hungry. The auction started at dusk and there were plenty of different Corals. Expensive and cheap small and big. I ended up spending more than I sold always seems to happen. The real experience is seeing BG's set up. It's one of places you hear about and when you go the stories can't live up to the real thing. BG is doing things that just shouldn't work. Example. We talk about expensive LEDS T5s metal halides and argue which is better. BG has coral growing in 5 gallon home depot buckets under a garage worklamp. BG has some great pieces of corals and large amounts clownfish. He and his family are great hosts and answer lots of questions everyone has. I would say it's worth going just to see setup. Food auction and meeting new friends make it even better event

Where is the postings for the auction?

In past years there has been an auction seller sign in at the meeting. Remember there is a limit of 20 frags per seller and no more than 3 of the same coral. I would also bring pictures of each auction item on a thumb drive if they are using the projector again. LABEL your pictures with your initials and the coral name to avoid confusion (e.g. ZO_magician_zoas1.jpg)

Great event, great food, really nice people. The frags at auction left a lot to be desired. Driving home, I couldn't help but think that Bryan should do a carnival-style ping pong cup fish game to offload some of those clowns he has. 5-10 bucks a ball...

Back