Now or never…my 140 gallon DSA rebuild

this one is the one I meant to upload 😜

Attachments

• IMG_2024-03-03-215210.jpeg
    IMG_2024-03-03-215210.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 21
Well, the house is officially listed for sale. It’s heartbreaking, really, but I’d be stupid not to do it. Anyway, I’ll be starting over soon (again). The current aquarium is just too damn tall. 30” is armpit deep, and that’s before you consider the fact that you’ve got to reach over the rockwork to place coral and do any type of maintenance on an in-wall tank.
Maybe the buyer of my home will want the aquarium to stay in the wall, or maybe they won’t. Either way, 30” is just too tall for me to deal with anymore. I’ll be buying a shorter tank, and potentially even downsizing (according to the wife). Until I find out what the next house looks like, I won’t know what size/dimensions I’ll be working with. It’s not likely that I’ll have a dedicated fish room in the next house. So, I’m thinking of going with a conventional stand/canopy display, and running the plumbing through the wall into an adjoining bedroom closet. Adding a sink and some extra electrical outlets shouldn’t be a problem as long as the house isn’t built on a slab.
The funny thing is that I’m still ordering coral (like an idiot). Some pretty cool stuff is coming on Thursday, and so is the first potential buyer. I can already feel the looming logistical nightmare. More details and pictures to come!

Some thoughts for something shorter (though smaller) could be a standard 75 or 60 gallon breeder. Heck even a 125 is shorter than that (height wise). Just some thoughts. But good luck with the sale and the move!

It really depends on the floor plan of the next house. The wife didn’t care about tank size when it was in the fish room/media room. Now we’re potentially going to have to do a living room display, and she’s not a big fan of the four foot length. I’m thinking custom 3’x2’x2’…that’s right at 100 gallons, and would allow for a really cool rock scape

This is funny…I was recently asking in another thread about what kind of urchins I should be considering. As it turns out, I’ve had an urchin hiding in the tank this whole time 😂

Yet another hitchhiker from the KP live rock that I’m just now seeing.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-03-13-000111.jpeg
    IMG_2024-03-13-000111.jpeg
    195.2 KB · Views: 14
Here are some of the goodies that showed up last week. Everything is good and healthy so far, but I’m hesitant to put them in the display tank not knowing how much longer we’ll be in this house. Then again, I might as well throw them in there just to see them under my pretty new lighting system.

There are a couple that aren’t very special under daylight, but are ridiculous with the blues. I didn’t bother with separate color channels, but I may add one with blues only just for that purpose.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-03-13-210742.jpeg
    IMG_2024-03-13-210742.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2024-03-13-210729.jpeg
    IMG_2024-03-13-210729.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 10
Back