Oceanic 37g Radion growth thread

LOL....

Sorry you had to go through the freak out session...but no doubt you'll find that now you have the back up power suppply, you wont lose power for more than 30 minutes max.

Back in 06 we had a monster storm knock out power to most of StL. I was one of the ones who went out and bought a Generator so that I could run the tank and other essentials around the house.

I ran it for about 24 hours and the power came back on.
We havent been out of power for more than 2 hours since I've had the thing....

:D

Its worth it just for the piece of mind....

Too funny you are right. My wife blamed me already for the power outage since I had it ordered prior to the outage! If it never goes out that's ok with me. You are right I'm looking forward to the peace of mind.

Very much appreciate this radion journal, esp. your effort with pictures. I have a pair of radions myself, over my 55g 3 ft, and am finding them excellent for growing sps. This thread springs right up when searching radions...:thumbsup:

Very much appreciate this radion journal, esp. your effort with pictures. I have a pair of radions myself, over my 55g 3 ft, and am finding them excellent for growing sps. This thread springs right up when searching radions...:thumbsup:

Aaron no problem and thanks. The spread over the 3ft with 2 must be great. I am considering upgrading over the next year to a custom 33"x 24 x22 and will add 1 more radion then. Glad this is helping out.

I set up a new Stand alone Profulix Doser for my 2 part and man I love this thing!!! I set it at 3ml 8 times a day and it has been great. Calibrating was simple and its been spot on with my checks for a month now. Set and forget couldn't be better..Getting ready to travel so I am very happy with the peace of mind and ease for having a tank buddy while away..

thank-you for this thread!!!

I was seriously thinking about giving up on my Radion as I kept bleaching SPS...my LPS were growing like weeds though. I started my Radion off way too high. I just dialed it back to 50% brightness at peak and I'm already starting to see some colors come back!

Your display is looking great! I've been following the growth of the corals closely as I feel Radions are the best LED fixture available.

The Profilux doser was a great addition. I own one as well and love it! It really is set and forget, until your coral growth catches up to what your dosing. Lol, I've had to up my dosing twice in about a year and a half.

Well it's clearly apparent that LEDs can do the job. I dont know what's causing this mass-exodus from LEDs back to metal halide. Perhaps a lack of patience?

I've seen that when the switch is made from another light source to LED there is a little bnit of a reaction and then things go right back on track.

I can't wait till my sol gets here. Might be here today!

Great thread.

thank-you for this thread!!!

I was seriously thinking about giving up on my Radion as I kept bleaching SPS...my LPS were growing like weeds though. I started my Radion off way too high. I just dialed it back to 50% brightness at peak and I'm already starting to see some colors come back!
Your welcome, the key is just being patient and bring up the intensity slow. I've seen several people start high but the corals do recover in time. Glad to hear yours are coming back.

Your display is looking great! I've been following the growth of the corals closely as I feel Radions are the best LED fixture available.

The Profilux doser was a great addition. I own one as well and love it! It really is set and forget, until your coral growth catches up to what your dosing. Lol, I've had to up my dosing twice in about a year and a half.

Thank you, I am very happy with the radion-- the colors are looking really nice in the corals and the growth is doing fantastic. Good to hear you are just as happy with the Profilux. I believe my corals will really take off with the more consistent dosing as I was not as consistent as needed manually. I'm sure I will need to bump up the dose soon as I am already seeing a difference.

Well it's clearly apparent that LEDs can do the job. I dont know what's causing this mass-exodus from LEDs back to metal halide. Perhaps a lack of patience?

I've seen that when the switch is made from another light source to LED there is a little bnit of a reaction and then things go right back on track.

I can't wait till my sol gets here. Might be here today!

Great thread.
I'm sure you will be very happy with them as well. I agree that patience is key. We tend to tinker with things to much and forget that few changes and stability is the key. With LED's I think it's just adjusting our eyes to the difference more than what is actually happening to the corals. As hobbiests we want to be doing more sometimes instead of enjoying the results!!

I've only got experiance with three different LED set ups:

Radions
Kessil A350W
and a DIY Aquastyle kit.

Of the three, the Radion wins hands down in terms of color, intensity, ability to customize and change programs and settings....and unfortunately, in price.

I was really hoping the Kessil would produce a similar intensity level as the Radion but its just not doing it.

Nick

Back