Ocellaris Clownfish Pairing

mav.23

Hey again! So I was at my LFS tonight and I saw a baby ocellaris clown. The lil guy was getting picked on by it's taankmates, so I asked the guy if he would move em to another tank. He did, but the fish was so sweet. I have a 50-gal with another ocellaris maybe eight months older, a yellowtail blue damsel (it was a huge troublemaker at first but now it calmed down and leaves everyone alone) a convict blenny and a Valentini toby pufferfish. My cleanup crew is a turbo snail (I don't have much if any algae, so I feed him seaweed too. But since the puffer I manually scoop out poop) Is my tank able to take another fish? And if so, how would I pair them? I don't want the little one to get hurt. Thank you.!

So I am assuming that you have had your clownfish fir 8 months. That would put it at around 14 months at least because a breeder usually wont sale clowns until they are around 6 months or 1" long. The clown you have now will become the female, which means she will have to prove dominance over the new clown ( pairing, which can be a rough process). Also, clowns dont always pair either. I guess if I was you thinking the little guy is cute, I probably would have already bought him lol. If the older clown gets to rough, you could use the "time out" method. If you have a sump, you could remove her and put her in the sump for a few days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back