# of drain lines?

drtrash

I have 2- 1.5" bulkheads for the drain, should I connect them to a wye and run 1- 1.5" line to the sump or keep them seperate. I am only running 400gph on a 60 gal. So far the plumbing has not worked out like I hoped, way too much drain noise. Currently set up for HGB but open to anything other than what I heard when i turned on the ehiem 1260. Help would be most appreciated in this stressful time.

is it your sump that is 60gallons or your display?
i was running 300gph through a 1.5" drain and there was absolutely no noise or bubbles what so ever...i infact couldnt hear anything in the dead of night...

isnt the 1260 900GPH? do you have your return dialed back?

you shouldnt need 2 1.5" drains for 400GPH..

what is the drain doing that you dont like?

is it bubbling? or surging/flushing? or tinkling?

Are you running a herbie? Or two dersos? What style of overflow are you running? Are your drains below the water level in your sump?

is it your sump that is 60gallons or your display?
i was running 300gph through a 1.5" drain and there was absolutely no noise or bubbles what so ever...i infact couldnt hear anything in the dead of night...

isnt the 1260 900GPH? do you have your return dialed back?

you shouldnt need 2 1.5" drains for 400GPH..

what is the drain doing that you dont like?

is it bubbling? or surging/flushing? or tinkling?

The 1262 is 900 gph. :)

Jim

sump is bubbling away, alot of splashing in the drain line. One issue is I ran a 90 below the overflow attached to flex hose to sump so some spashing is due water hitting the 90 and running into flex hose, so I will remove that and put in 2- 45. I was thinking of going the herbie route but have never used a siphon system.

Back