Off Topic-- Any Minnesota Sciece Teachers/Reefers?

hiflykitty

I am finishing a M.Ed. in science education at the University of Oklahoma, and I plan to move to Duluth, MN this December or January. I have been looking up science teacher certification for the state of Minnesota, but thus far it has been a maze. Anyone have any knowledge about how to become a secondary science teacher in the state of Minnesota? I appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Can't help you with the teacher thing but maybe someone else will chime in. When you get to Duluth look our club up we're always looking for educated members.:) I see seahorses in your bio maybe you can share your expertise with use when you get here.

Fahz

Thanks for the welcome, Fahz, and thanks for the tip Soltaker. I am looking forward to getting to know all the minnesota reefers when i get up there.

I am somewhat familier with licensing as I have an M.ed in science education and hold a teaching license. I know a colleague who moved from another state last year was able to get his license by portfolio. Perhaps you'd want to contact the Minnesota Dept of Ed. and they'll get you on track.

Back