Off Topic: Video of a few dives on Monday...

CuzzA

Thought I'd share with you guys. Playing in the big tank. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/c4VGE1T30Kk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like a good time! Makes me want to take up diving.

It's a lot of fun. These videos don't do any justice for the reef tank stuff, but with a camera tray you could pick a patch of the reef and spend the whole dive watching the small life. Dart fish, jaw fish, gobies, angelfish, etc.

Nice Hogs there. Wish I could get out more, but the kiddos take priority. Mid week dives are the best. Looks like the lionfish tri-tip wasn't working out very well. I've had good relatively quick success with regular spear and surgeon shears (which have their own velcro pouch). I can shoot and release the smaller ones with the single barb spear, just place the shot fish between my fins and pull the shaft out.

Nice Hogs there. Wish I could get out more, but the kiddos take priority. Mid week dives are the best. Looks like the lionfish tri-tip wasn't working out very well. I've had good relatively quick success with regular spear and surgeon shears (which have their own velcro pouch). I can shoot and release the smaller ones with the single barb spear, just place the shot fish between my fins and pull the shaft out.

Thanks.

Yeah, I should of just shot it. She was big, at least 12 inches. I got frustrated after the 3rd shot and decided I didn't want to deal with it anymore. Hopefully I injured it enough and it dies.

I carry a pair of EMT shears, but don't like shooting them with my gun because they can move around too easily on the shaft when you're trying to clip the fins. Thus, the pole spear. I think I wasn't close enough to get off a good paralyzing shot. I'll get em next time.

Good tip about the fins.

Back