Offical "DO NOT BUY" list?

You can preach about books all you want, but that's all they are - printed material by one author sealed in time. The fact is it's easier to find more thorough information online. Just because it's in a book doesn't mean it's correct, thorough, or adequate. I have probably 8 books on saltwater aquariums (corals/fish/general) and I probably come here and google 97% of the time.

Your kind of making the point that the information is readily available. If it's important to you to rewrite it then knock yourself out.

David, I think we agree on most things. And about being wrong, I have been wrong many times. Unfortunately sometimes I diden't find out until it was too late.

RandallJames, for the record I don't recommend moorish Idols for most people.

I think the Hippo tang too. This has been quite the thread, a real good idea. I say expand it to the whole reef, it would open up a whole new resource for a beginner to benifit from the mistakes and trials that we have all made in our tanks.
Sand dollars! They need more sand than we can provide in our captive systems- plain and simple...............Do Not Buy! TinMan

Last edited:
Back