OFFICIAL macro tank FTS thread...

I guess I better add mine:

4Vgl41dl.jpg

This was such a good idea, Devaji108! One thread for all of us to show off our planted masterpieces!

nawilson89 and jraker, your tanks look great!

Nice tanks...... I love macro tank I'll load mine in a few ....

Don't have a current shot but this was about 2 month ago...I kinda lost all the barbarta and currently fighting pink fuzzy algae......size is a 4x2x1 plumb into my 120 display
Not in the picture but I have a few others now that I recently picked up....hypnea pannosa, red fern,Portieria,halameya floresida.......

Last edited:
That looks really nice. By the way, for cotton candy algae (I assume that is what you have), turbo snails work really well to remove it. I had some in my 36 reef and I got 5 large turbos. It was all gone within 2 days.

This was such a good idea, Devaji108! One thread for all of us to show off our planted masterpieces!

nawilson89 and jraker, your tanks look great!

thanks Michael,
I think macro get look down on is the saltwater reefing world so I thought It would be nice to have a thread to inspiration not only for us but new folks to the macro world.

yeah that is a great looking tank. love the long shallow look. keep us posted with a new FTS from time to time...

Thanks fellas...... And ya I fighting cotton candy algae I got like 15 turbo's in the last couple of weeks I can never find them unless I move a bunch of algae around... Looks like it clearing up but still not how I would like it .... I'm planning of opening a thread for my tanks, I'm sure I will learn a ton with peeps like you guys.......I really need help with raising my nitrates!!

Have you tried anything to raise nitrates yet? Potassium nitrate seems to be popular when people need to raise nitrate. Plus, it adds some potassium which is beneficial to your macro also. I have seen people buy this, because it is pure KNO3. I think this would be fine also, but I haven't seen anyone use that specific brand before. It is just potassium nitrate, so I think it should be fine. This is a good calculator for dosing it.

Thanks for the info bud.... I'm usually on my local boards and not a whole lot of peeps are into macro's so it's a bit hard to get info from people who have experience in macros.where would I post a macro build thread? Members tanks? Or in the macroalgaes section? I'm currently building a 150g all macro tanks as well... My 60 flat is packed..

Back