Official St. Jude Children's Hospital Tank Thread.

Cooooooool!

Cooooooool!

I'm gonna start my work at St. Jude mid June.
I didn't see these during my job interview. I had a tank here in Birmingham,Alabama. Recently, I gave all those to local members because I need to move there. Great! I can enjoy these tanks at work soon.

I havent heard anything about, st jude tanks? Aren't you doing matinence richard? If so can you take a few pics? I think this is the coolest thing the club has ever done and was just curious how tanks looked now. I ask my dad who works there but he knows nothing about tanks and just says yeah the tanks are fine.

We are not allowed to post pictures online because of ALSAC/St. Jude rules. The big tank looks great - lots of full sized SPS colonies, etc. The two 225 gallon tanks also look very nice but themed a little differently. One is a mixed reef, the other with angels and butterflies.

Two tanks in the old building and a BIG tank in the Chili's Center.
When I checked today, something is going on the BIG chili's tank.
I'm not sure what it is.

They are getting a new GLASS tank to replace the old scratched up acrylic tank. They are also getting upgraded lighting - 8 x Radion GT's, 1 MP-60, and 3 MP-40's. The aquascape is completely different than before - much more open rockwork. I think you will like it once it is unveiled.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372808577.836411.jpg

Looks a little different now.

WOW! the tanks changed?
All glass tank is looking nice. How bad scratched up did the acrylic one get?

I honestly never thought about the scratching when we installed it. That was also when Scott was involved and said buffing them out wouldn't be a problem. The optical clarity of it was amazing, but all It took was that first scratching to reveal how problematic it would be. I'm glad its glass now and hope they like it better. Was it assembled on-site or trucked in?

It came in crated up and we wheeled it in on furniture dollies. Then used lift tables to lift it up on the stand.

Back