Old pics of Ocean Treasures

coralfarmer

Aquarist
I found some pics of my old work. It's a shame the owner couldn't get his act together. so much potential.
images.jpg
images-1.jpg
l.jpg
l-2.jpg
l-1.jpg
ot022-1.jpg
ot007.jpg

Only saw the last days of this LFS. Clean and a modern feel. Loved the bullet coral tanks and zero edge by the cashier table. Cool pics of those skimmers. Parking was a nightmare. If I could not get a parking spot in front of the store between the two blocks, then I kept on driving and never shopped.

The idea was never for retail traffic. It was more a of showroom for service clients.
The life support systems in the basement were amazing it was easy to keep the water parameters right where you wanted them.

Hey I think in one of those photos I can see my sliightly used Euroreef Skimmer I bought there:)

+ 1 on those bullet tanks and their livestock always looked the best that I have seen.

I agree the aesthetic of the store is, I mean WAS, very nice.

All that curved plexiglass must have been a serious pain to keep clean and would be just about useless for photography.

Yeah the surge tanks were pretty cool. We hid the plumbing with a piece of blue plexi. It just made it look so clean. Nobody would build those 300 gal tanks so we had the 1" plexi bent and built them in house.
Ken if you notice in the pics of the large tanks there's no gravel so that limited the potential for scratching. That one shot of that "unknown" deep water Acropora sp. was thru the 1"plexi.

Surge tank? Hmmm. What controls the "dump trigger" on those? I get that basically a reservoir fills, then dumps at once into the tank, then refills...

Smart about the lack of gravel. I don't have a problem with shooting through plexiglass (my photos of Grant's corals are decent), just don't like curved surfaces for photography as they tend to introduce visual distortion. My issue with plexiglass is how much I love scrubbing the coraline off my acrylic flat compared with a quick razor blade or magna float on my glass tank.

The peninsula tanks with the curved ends are very pleasing to the eye and the store looked very nice.

I'll ask the questions that has been missing here, when and for how long did this place exist? What happened to all of the cool displays, etc,etc.......

It was open for about 4 years. I was there for 2. It was opened right before the economy took a dump. So i think that was a major factor. But im not sure what happened to the displays. I left a year or so before the store closed. I think most of is still there because he owned the building.

Back