online providers

• Marine Depot Live

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Live Aquaria

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Saltwater Fish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
LiveAquaria. It ships out of Quality Marine at LAX and their guarantee is the best. Ask any LFS, Quality Marine has the best fish around.

I have not ordered any corals out of their Wisconsin facility though.

I do like to support Ali, many times he can come close to their landed prices (incl shpg) and he gets most or all of his fish from QM also.

dry good i like marine depot... they offer pick up in 2 hours... which is basically, drive there, eat something... pick up... sometimes alittle more than other places, but savees on the headaches...

for my live goods, i just hop around... haven't found anything stable yet...

2 hour pick up??? so can i go there order something and come back later that day to pick it up???

what about online is there a will call option

i think for will call you have to call it in... so they process asap... that is what i thought... i seriously just put all the things i want in a the online cart, print it out and call it in... very easy... you can return and stuff, no shpping costs, just tax... which is no biggie...

they are very close to disneyland... and the stadium... it isn't a bad drive... i have been happy with buying stuff from them...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11630348#post11630348 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reef_doug
LiveAquaria. It ships out of Quality Marine at LAX and their guarantee is the best. Ask any LFS, Quality Marine has the best fish around.

I have not ordered any corals out of their Wisconsin facility though.

I do like to support Ali, many times he can come close to their landed prices (incl shpg) and he gets most or all of his fish from QM also.

are you sure about this? i have heard that they have a facility here in Los Angeles but thought the majority are held and quarantined in their facility at Rhinelander WI?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11630743#post11630743 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ezcompany
are you sure about this? i have heard that they have a facility here in Los Angeles but thought the majority are held and quarantined in their facility at Rhinelander WI?

Positive... only Diver's Den and Corals ship from back east, also their e-tropics stuff. All the other marine stuff comes from Quality Marine which is their "west coast holding facility".

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11631237#post11631237 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coast2coast7390
so is Quality part of the DR foster and smith company

Probably not, just a vendor. They are the best wholesaler, I've heard MDL will start using them for most everything also.

For dry goods, MD Will Call! Great service and prices and I can call in the order in the morning and pick it up during lunch. I was just there today...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11631350#post11631350 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reef_doug
Probably not, just a vendor. They are the best wholesaler, I've heard MDL will start using them for most everything also.
Why do you say they are the best? I dont think there is any one place that is the best for wholesalers as they all get somethings others can't or don't.

For Marine Depot Dry goods. If you want to make it even easier you just add the items to your cart and give them a call and give them your info they can see what is in your cart and make both side of the ordering faster and without mistake.

I wrote down the wrong product number once and had the correct item in my cart and the guy on the phone double check with me if what I had in my cart was correct since the item number was different.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11642002#post11642002 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jaypainter24
Why do you say they are the best? I dont think there is any one place that is the best for wholesalers as they all get somethings others can't or don't.

Jason,
Many responsible fist store owners will agree the quality and upkeep that QM has is the best. Sometimes their selection isn't as with any wholesaler. Right now the picking is slim and shipments from the Indian Ocean are few due to weather.

I would also like to refer you to your post on this thread also:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1233984&highlight=quality+marine

Quality Marine is a very nice place. It may be one of the best places for fish, but most of the LFS owners I know (including Ali) visit 4-5 places when they go out to the wholesalers. It just depends on what you are looking for. Sea Dwelling Creatures usually has the best selection of clams and anemones and has a nice selection of LPS and other inverts. Pacific Aqua Farms (a favorite of online retailers) brings in many of the "designer" sps, echinos, LPS and Solomon Island zoanthids. There are a couple other small and large places in the South Bay area that have their own little niches that keep retailers coming back as well.

Back