Onyx Clowns refuse brine

Tonynlo

I recently picked up a pair of onyx clowns. As the title reads, they are refusing brine and only eat dry flake food. I think they may be stressed a little bit because they were moved to different tanks twice over a weekend. I purchased them from my LFS and brought them home to my 55. I decided that I wanted a larger tank so I went out and bought a 90 (pics to come soon).

When the fish were in my 55, they ate the brine without any issues. Now that I have set up the new tank, the one of them parks around the overflow for most of the day. I haven't tried any other type of food besides the brine and flake food.

I normally change my water over the weekend, so I figured that I wouldn't do a water change because I would be adding about 35 gallons of new water. I didn't clean my substrate before transferring it to the new tank The water became extremely murky. I checked all my parameters and nothing was out of the ordinary. Should I do a water change to clean out the substrate a little, or is it too soon?

The only loss that I had was a feather duster. The nem and the rest of my soft corals are open and healthy.

Brine shrimp aren't nutritious food for most fish. It is occasionally fed to very small young fish, but then it is freshly hatched baby brine. THere is very little nutritional value in adult brine shrimp.

My clowns are under 1 inch and are only a couple months old. What should I be feeding them? My LFS said brine is what they were feeding them.

Back