Onyx picasso clownfish

sprinj76

My wife and I have been looking for a nice pair of onyx picasso clownfish for about 6 months without a lot of luck.

Any suggestions for where I should be looking? Are there any breeders that specialize in onyx picasso clowns?

Any help would be appreciated!

Onyx picasso clownfish

My wife and I have been looking for a nice pair of onyx picasso clownfish for about 6 months without a lot of luck.

Any suggestions for where I should be looking? Are there any breeders that specialize in onyx picasso clowns?

Any help would be appreciated!

I can tell you which ones not to get. Don't get the ones from Proaquatix. There are two stores in SoCal (Reef Lounge and Coral Gazers) that buy Proaquatix clowns including Onyx Picasso. I have never seen one without deformities. It's a shame a breeder would put out clowns like that through local fish stores.
Wish they either changed their brood stock and/or their breeding practices for the better.

Last edited:
I can tell you which ones not to get. Don't get the ones from Proaquatix. There are two stores in SoCal (Reef Lounge and Coral Gazers) that buy Proaquatix clowns including Onyx Picasso. I have never seen one without deformities. It's a shame a breeder would put out clowns like that through local fish stores.
Wish they either changed their brood stock and/or their breeding practices for the better.

That's good info. Thanks for the heads up

Which mixture makes this hybrid form?

Edit: disregard I should have thought about it for a few more seconds before posting....

Last edited:
A few months ago, I saw Rich Gaitan on Facebook post a dozen Onyx Picassos he bred. Some where really nice, no defects. He may still have some available.

Rich's onyx picassos looked to be over a year old, so he must have bred them a year ago. They hsd great body shape, no dedeformaties.

Back