ORA aptasia eating filefish in sps tank??

sensei

I have been wanting to find a fish that eats aptasias for my sps tank.
I added an ORA aptasia eating file fish last year and it got stuck in my MP60s.
I have 4 MP60s with no cover in my tank.

I am wondering if I should try another one or not?

Have you been succesfull keping this fish with MP60s or Mp40s with out using the covers in the wet sides in your tank??

Thanks a lot for your answers

I'm in the same boat so I was thinking of going this route.

Berghia Nudibranchs

The best natural defense against Aiptasia is Berghia (Berghia Nudibranchs), as their sole diet is Aiptasia anemones. Berghia are non-toxic to corals and fish and are considered to be completely reef safe.

I'm in the same boat so I was thinking of going this route.

Berghia Nudibranchs

The best natural defense against Aiptasia is Berghia (Berghia Nudibranchs), as their sole diet is Aiptasia anemones. Berghia are non-toxic to corals and fish and are considered to be completely reef safe.

I am not sure how they would handle flow in sps tank?

My file fish is great in my sps system.

Pife,

have you seen your filefish eat aptasia?
do you have mp 40s in the same tank?
if so do you use the wet sides?
how long have you had the filefish?

thanks a lot

Pife,

have you seen your filefish eat aptasia?
do you have mp 40s in the same tank?
if so do you use the wet sides?
how long have you had the filefish?

thanks a lot

Yes, yes,.... Yes, 8 months.

He's on the right side under the rock.
d209b6ac0a7e07921d1ee32f2928d5d6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I use a copperband and it has taken care of aiptasia.
Buy it from LFS, and tell them to show you its eating frozen food. That way you know it will auto vice in your tank later on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried copperbands twice and 1 ate frozen but when I moved it to main dt my tangs bullied him and stopped eating. I am not sure if using an aclimation box the first days would help?
any one has experience with this?

do you think that copperbands can do well in sps tank with a lot of flow and 8 tangs?
I ask because they are difficult fish

thanks for your answers

I had a ap file fish that ate all my LPS and softies, but didnt have SPS at the time. I had a CB for 3 years which learned to eat frozen after picking at the rocks initially. I dont think a CB would do well in a tank with alot of tangs or any single fish that was a bully. They really need to be allowed to eat with non-aggresive fish around IMO otherwise they will wait and then there is no food left.

Filefish

Filefish

I've had a matted filefish in my tank for about 8 months and have not seen him nip corals. I have also never witnessed him eating Aiptasia, but since he's been in the tank they disappeared. I use two MP10s uncovered at high speed and he doesn't seem to mind them. I'm pretty sure that I still have some Aiptasia in there, he just keeps them trimmed down.

Back