ORA Red Planet Frag prices.

ORA stuff is $40-$60 (except for their red goni, that's $100) at the LFS I go to, I've seen RP for $90 at some places though which is insane. I payed $55 after my club discount, have since seen people selling frags locally for as little as $10.

I just saw what is supposed to be an Ora Red Planet frag that is about 1 1/2 inches tall. It looks like the real thing, not entirely sure, but if it is. The LFS is asking $69.00. Is this ok?
Thanks

just an fyi.. if it is truly an ORA frag, their plastic (annoying) plugs have their
name written on them. it is really easy to tell if it is from ORA or not in most
cases. Even if you cannot see the name the plug stands out from everyone else.

i just reread your post and i think i read some confusion if you were sure it was
ORA or not.

the only time i ever have to get a dremel tool to get a coral in my tank is when
i buy ORA. sigh. ;-)

just an fyi.. if it is truly an ORA frag, their plastic (annoying) plugs have their
name written on them. it is really easy to tell if it is from ORA or not in most
cases. Even if you cannot see the name the plug stands out from everyone else.

i just reread your post and i think i read some confusion if you were sure it was
ORA or not.

the only time i ever have to get a dremel tool to get a coral in my tank is when
i buy ORA. sigh. ;-)
Having never bought an ORA frag before I am sceptical. The frag plug looks like a black plastic golf tee! Really long plug. Does that sound like it?

So Red Planet is a fast grower! What lighting, and flow do you have it in? I guess I'll be picking this up over the weekend. It is browned out at the LFS. I hope it colors back up nicely.

High flow, medium light. I have mine midways up in a 18" deep tank with 150w halides

Here's what the ORA plugs look like...

g-frag-plugs-ora-plastic.jpg

Love the corals attached to them, the plugs...not so much.

Here's what the ORA plugs look like...

g-frag-plugs-ora-plastic.jpg

Love the corals attached to them, the plugs...not so much.
I will check it out tomorrow. That looks like the plug! ...And it says ORA on it, so I'll look for that too. I also saw a Borealis, and it looked good not browned out like the Red Planet so I was quite sure it was the real thing, and now I'm convinced. Thanks to all the info I get from you guys here!

Here is a picture of it. It is only about a year old, and has been growing under 150w halides. Grew from about a 1 1/2" frag.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/topgun121/150g%20tank

/rp1-1.jpg

Awesome growth! Are you dosing 2 part? Calcium reactor?

So Red Planet is a fast grower! What lighting, and flow do you have it in? I guess I'll be picking this up over the weekend. It is browned out at the LFS. I hope it colors back up nicely.

My frag, which was from ORA looked almost black it was so dark brown. They couldn't even confirm what it was, so they gave it to me for 20 bucks. It's now one of the prettiest corals in my tank. She's on the top right of my avatar and has grown a lot since then.

Back