Osmolator - Low Water Sensor Broken?

wastememphis

Hello,

I've had an Osmolator for about 6-7 years now and yesterday I noticed that the high level water sensor works (sets alarm off if manually moved) but the low water optical sensor doesn't seem to be working. I have it set up in a Solana 34 gallon aquarium and the water in the chamber had dropped 2-3" below the Tunze Osmolator before I noticed that the pump never kicked on to fill the tank. I checked the Osmolator controller and it showed a green light as if the water level was good in the back compartment. If I turn the unit off and then back on it will start to fill the tank for about 5 seconds but it then shuts off as if the water level was at the sensor, which it is still not.

Is there anyway to fix this problem? Any way to check if the optical sensor is working? I have tried cleaning off the sensor with warm tap water incase any type of film was on it, to no avail.

millnt92@yahoo.com

Neil Miller

On an osmolator of this age, it could be as simple as the optic sensor or it could be a burned out board component. I would send it in, with a note explaining the issue and with your return address and phone number and we will check it out and see if it can be repaired-

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

Back