OSRAS 5th Anniversary Reef Aquarium Conference April 23rd, 2017

All pre-bought tickets will be picked up at the registration desk when you come in. I will have a copy of everyone's paypal payment for tickets and prize drawings.

IMG_2993_zps6cgfbrib.jpeg

A couple of things to remember at the conference:

-Make sure to bring a cooler or something to carry home you corals and fish in.

-Memberships can be bought at the door.You can then get in for FREE. (Also you get special discounts on the raffle tickets!)You must show the volunteer at the raffle table your OSRAS membership card to get the raffle discounts.

-Vendors, admission, membership and the raffle table all take cash and credit cards.

-To win any livestock, or the grand prizes in the raffle you must be there to win.

-Be courteous to all attendees.

-Feel free to take any brochures of the items for sale or in the raffle.

-Take a business card from all the vendors to use for future buys.

-The vendors have traveled a long way to participate in this conference, a thank you for coming would be nice.:wavehand:

Don't forget to participate in the OSRAS 2017 Scholarship Program:bounce2:

Scholarship Requirements

-All applicants must attend the OSRAS conference on April 23, 2017 at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 801 Greenwich Avenue, Warwick Rhode Island. There will be a booth setup for the applications to be filled out.

-Applicants must bring student id or class schedule, after applications is complete you will be given free admission into conference.

-Listen to the speaker's lecture, feel free to have a 1 on 1 talk with all the speakers !

-Please email (president@osras.org) in an essay on what you would like to do to help with the future of the knowledge necessary for professional or academic work in the field of aquaculture and fisheries. This includes knowledge in the areas of ecology, oceanography, biology, physiology, health, reproduction, nutrition, behavior, and genetics in the marine world. Evaluate the importance of diversity, equity, and justice, as well as the role of social factors (e.g. culture, economics, policy) on aquaculture and fisheries from local to global scales.

-Submissions are due by July 1st, 2017 for the school year 2017-2018.

So it's Monday,the day after the OSRAS conference. Hope everyone had a good sleep after being awake all those hours. I have great thanks , to all the vendors(that drove hours to get to the conference) with thousands of corals and fish. The speakers, Al Ulrich from PA, Chad Clayton from CA, and a great homeboy from MA as our Dinner speaker, Rick Correira. A unforgettable group. With a big clap of hands for Brenda and Debbie(who this conference would not been able to go on without them),Ricky Hogan,Steve Hatch,Carl, Kevil Vinal , Hap, Joe Lawton, and Rose, Maryanne , Amie, Cindy and Jovita (are friends from Connecticut) that were a big help also. Thank you to all the companies that sponsored the conference with the big donations. Make sure you check out Scott Crowe's ( from OSA) video! Thanks again And we can't forget the 539 attendees that came to the show.

I had a great time and came home with 4 new corals! Caught up with a coupla friends that I haven't seen in awhile, all was good. Thanks to the folks that put on the show.

Been out of town since Sunday night, I just want to say thank you for putting on a great show as usual. It was a fun day, the kids had a blast. See you again next year!

Was a great time. Will be at the next one!. Did anyone happen to pick up a braven bvr-1 Bluetooth speaker during the break down. I left it there accidentally after I cleaned up. Black with blue trim and a spash of white paint. Left near table 1

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back