OT, Anyone fish?

CrazyEyes

Just wanted to see if anyone on the board actively fishes, well I know a few do. I'd like to get a group of people to do some inshore fishing. We've been getting into slot reds and trout around the John's pass area. We've also been catching jack crevalles which are awesome fish to catch for their size.

I've been trying to go Striper fishing, but with the Mets in the post season I haven't had many chances to go. I will be going tonight, and this weekends tides look promising for the areas I fish so I should be fishing a couple of spots.
It's looking to be a better fall than last year. I've had fish every time I went, mostly schoolies, but it's better than not catching anything. I heard there was some nice fish being caught at Montauk, so It wont be long before I start seeing the big girls around my spots.

Some of those striped bass get huge, you know as much as I prefer saltwater fishing, mostly because I'm bias living in Florida, Id love to hook into a really nice pike.

I wouldn't say I actively fish, but I've been out about 3 times in the last year. I'd fish more given more opportunities.

I grew up in the great lakes fishing every chance I got, but haven't done it seriously in 20 years or more.

I can drive the cart and drink beer. Oh wait... that is how do golf. Hell... I think it still applies here. :)

+1 on the beer and fishing!:cool:

Couple more cold fronts I can hit lake tarpon up for Specks! Its a little windy but if it'd die down a bit I'd run out near Anclote/3rooker.

I go a lot, I grew up fishing Tampa, and st Pete. I know a few good spots for Snook and reds. Summer time is when I prefer to fish as much as possible, when the Tarpon are here. I'd be down to meet up for some wade fishing or shoreline

-Robert

Some of those striped bass get huge, you know as much as I prefer saltwater fishing, mostly because I'm bias living in Florida, Id love to hook into a really nice pike.

Yeah, my personal best was a 40lb. This is a pic of my friend with his striper during an epic Fall Sand eel bite. The Stripers where stacked up for a couple of days close to shore feasting on Sand eels. I do catch and release with Stripers, but this day I gill hooked one and she wouldn't have made it if I released her so I brought her home for the table.
IMG_0348.JPG

I fish from my kayak almost year around. I haven't been able to get out as much with 2 kids. I also know some amazing summer spots in the passes for HUGE snook. My best Red spots are in January through about now or when the water really cools down. Then the best you can really hope for are the gator trout!

Fish as many weekends as the weather permits. Prefer offshore though, especially spearfishing the deeper wrecks

I'm a former Northeast freshwater fisherman now living in Tampa, hoping to start saltwater surfcasting soon. My wife and I end up at the beach every other weekend.

Just need to figure out tackle, rigs, bait etc.

I fish up my way a lot, well not as much as I used to, but I still get out a good bit. I have a 20' bayboat in the backyard, but also fish from the kayak as well.

I'm a former Northeast freshwater fisherman now living in Tampa, hoping to start saltwater surfcasting soon. My wife and I end up at the beach every other weekend.

Shimano stradics 6000 or 8000 with 15 to 20 lb braid are awesome. Cast a crazy distance. Match to jigging rod for lures and a lighter 9ft surf rod for chicken rigs with 4 oz lead. Tie your own rigs, too much metal on store made ones.

Lmk what you need, my dad builds custom rods, also does rod and reel repairs along with sells any tackle/equipment you might need or want.

I actively fish when I can...couple times a month. Had a good inshore jon boat but recently sold it. I've been wading, shore fishing and bass fishing, or the skyway in the mean time this time of year for all the mackerel you can get while I wait for my friend to pick up a new boat with twins lol. Inshore fishing has got to be my favorite though, takes a little bit more skill than offshore imo.

I fish inshore year round mostly on the fly or light tackle. Helps that I work out of a kayak or Jon up and down the coast all week

< snook addict. beaches/passes and bay mangroves depending on time of year. like to occasionally go grocery fishing for sheepshead.

I've got a confession, I've never caught a snook. Haven't really caught too many inshore fish, I'm use to digging grouper in 60 feet of water or pulling big plainers catching bonita, kings, cuda, Spanish macks etc. I need to land a snook asap though.

Back