OT: are we finally going to get a QB tonight?

OMG I'm not even gonna get started on this garbage tonight. ...What a waste of a pick! I don't care if anyone agrees with me or not but I bet cash money within 5 years every Bucs fan is going to be watching Mariota play on a Sunday afternoon and say "damn we could have had him, what ever happened to the crab klepto?" #YourCharacterDefinesWhoYouAre

If someone can shut Winston's mouth up and get his ego in check I'm sure he will do fine. On more important matters we have round two playoff hockey tomorrow night.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a diehard Gators fan and I absolutely despise FSU but Jameis is super talented and I agree, if he can get over his ego he'll probably do great.

If someone can shut Winston's mouth up and get his ego in check I'm sure he will do fine. On more important matters we have round two playoff hockey tomorrow night.

TRUTH! He could be good, he could be in jail, but the bolts are the best franchise in the bay area

Let me give you guys a few names to reflect on. Jamarcus Russell, David Carr, and Ryan Leaf. Sit back and watch as history repeats itself. I won't dispute the fact that he is physically talented but all the talent in the world won't do him any good if he doesn't change his attitude and making stupid decisions off the field. Let's see how he reacts when he's on an average team eating sacks and has to work to win.

Let me give you guys a few names to reflect on. Jamarcus Russell, David Carr, and Ryan Leaf. Sit back and watch as history repeats itself. I won't dispute the fact that he is physically talented but all the talent in the world won't do him any good if he doesn't change his attitude and making stupid decisions off the field. Let's see how he reacts when he's on an average team eating sacks and has to work to win.

Thank goodness someone sees it. I've always seen Jamarcus Russell in this guy. He's going to be 300 lbs in 5 yrs. I thought Lovie was the best thing to happen to the bucs. I don't think he even attempted to evaluate anybody else.

I despise liars/cheaters. He can't even own up to the crab leg incident. Just last week he said a Publix employee was giving him the crab legs, which Publix denied.

Lastly, I think the talent is questionable. The Noles were ridiculously lucky this year. He definitely wasn't #1 pick talent to me. 2 years ago sure, but that's when he was living on the edge of the law. Maybe, he needs to live the criminal life to be successful. Aaron Hernandez is waiting for a QB in lockup!

I'm ready for the bucs to give me a call to sell me season tickets. I'll give them an earful! And I'm burning my bucs gear this weekend! Lebron James style!!!

Thank goodness someone sees it. I've always seen Jamarcus Russell in this guy. He's going to be 300 lbs in 5 yrs. I thought Lovie was the best thing to happen to the bucs. I don't think he even attempted to evaluate anybody else.

I despise liars/cheaters. He can't even own up to the crab leg incident. Just last week he said a Publix employee was giving him the crab legs, which Publix denied.

Lastly, I think the talent is questionable. The Noles were ridiculously lucky this year. He definitely wasn't #1 pick talent to me. 2 years ago sure, but that's when he was living on the edge of the law. Maybe, he needs to live the criminal life to be successful. Aaron Hernandez is waiting for a QB in lockup!

I'm ready for the bucs to give me a call to sell me season tickets. I'll give them an earful! And I'm burning my bucs gear this weekend! Lebron James style!!!

Preach!!!!

Anyone comparing Winston to JaMarcus Russell is simply advertising their lack of football knowledge or simply taking the lazy "insert failed black qb here" approach.
Doubting Winston for his off-field decision making is perfectly legitimate. The guy has been an idiot at best. But on the field is an entirely different matter. By all accounts his football acumen is off the charts and so is his work ethic. Neither of those things was said about Russell. Nor does he have a substance abuse issue like Russell did with codeine. The actual best true football comps for Winston are probably Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Ryan (who also threw a lot of pics his last year in college).
If he can keep his head out of his rear, Winston has the chance to be a very good (or better) QB. Of course, if the Bucs don't improve their line, be also has the chance to be a dead QB.

I dunno Postal - lots of heismann winner's with what appears to be loads of talent wither and die in the NFL. Your right though - a QB does not make a team - and Lovie needs a whole team with discipline and a good work ethic.

Anyone comparing Winston to JaMarcus Russell is simply advertising their lack of football knowledge or simply taking the lazy "insert failed black qb here" approach.
Doubting Winston for his off-field decision making is perfectly legitimate. The guy has been an idiot at best. But on the field is an entirely different matter. By all accounts his football acumen is off the charts and so is his work ethic. Neither of those things was said about Russell. Nor does he have a substance abuse issue like Russell did with codeine. The actual best true football comps for Winston are probably Roethlisberger, Rivers, and Ryan (who also threw a lot of pics his last year in college).
If he can keep his head out of his rear, Winston has the chance to be a very good (or better) QB. Of course, if the Bucs don't improve their line, be also has the chance to be a dead QB.

Preach!!!!!

Someone with knowledge making sense!

everyone's harps so hard on the off the field Issues that the media blows up. whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? I personally find it hard to believe that the Heisman winning title-winning Fsu star had to force himself on girls but just because it's being said it happened I don't assume it did or didn't happen. and then there's the crap like things so someone would give him crab legs and he would leave with them is it right? No, but is it that big of a deal to not draft him with the first? Heck no.

Why don't we wait a year or 2 or 3 before you say how he is going to fail.

Back