OT - Discus starter group giveaway?

Ricardo, you make me itches again.
haha :)

Beautiful. Are they pairing up yet?
Yes and no. I have noticed that a few discus go towards one corner and turn darker than the usual. This has been happening for a couple of months. However, I don't have anything in the tank to promote breeding like a cone. I am not in to breeding discus, simply love having them for the enjoyment of watching them.

When they start pairing up, that is when all hell with break loose in the tank. They start becoming really aggressive and being, well, cichlids!

haha :)

Yes and no. I have noticed that a few discus go towards one corner and turn darker than the usual. This has been happening for a couple of months. However, I don't have anything in the tank to promote breeding like a cone. I am not in to breeding discus, simply love having them for the enjoyment of watching them.

When they start pairing up, that is when all hell with break loose in the tank. They start becoming really aggressive and being, well, cichlids!
I am viewing video again, look at my Discus poster ($5 Discus poster in $200 frame..Crazy old time), and friend just returned 60 gallon tank to me... oh man... hard
Most beautiful Cichlids ever!!!

I am viewing video again, look at my Discus poster ($5 Discus poster in $200 frame..Crazy old time), and friend just returned 60 gallon tank to me... oh man... hard
Most beautiful Cichlids ever!!!

60g would be great for a group of 6 :). I can get you some great quality discus locally at a good price too ;)

I just realized I never started a thread for this group, so I will just piggy back on this thread and post an update of the group here. I haven't heard back from the member I gave the discus away to, but I hope they are doing well. Here they are today, in June/July they will be 2yrs old:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ib7vK057S6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just realized I never started a thread for this group, so I will just piggy back on this thread and post an update of the group here. I haven't heard back from the member I gave the discus away to, but I hope they are doing well. Here they are today, in June/July they will be 2yrs old:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ib7vK057S6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice discus! I have been keeping these for many years and love them. Algae control was a real pain until I discovered Siporax which appears to have solved the issue, at least for now.

I met Darwin and Wes from Uncle Sam's discus at Reef-A-Palooza who appear to have quite a nice discus store. My wife so much likes the new 150g reef that I need to upgrade the discus tank to match it. When I do it will be time for a trip out there to grab a few more.

Nice discus! I have been keeping these for many years and love them. Algae control was a real pain until I discovered Siporax which appears to have solved the issue, at least for now.

I met Darwin and Wes from Uncle Sam's discus at Reef-A-Palooza who appear to have quite a nice discus store. My wife so much likes the new 150g reef that I need to upgrade the discus tank to match it. When I do it will be time for a trip out there to grab a few more.

I was just out at their warehouse a few weeks ago for their SoCal meet with Joey. They have some great stock for sale.

Back