OT - Lets all sit back and enjoy a good smoke

Boom...who wants some?!?!?

d39ce8d0a69d6a2c74f02ed234e2b945.jpg

879db96c2748bbca6d9521f9ec80db80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look into the cold smoke kit as stated earlier. Cabelas etc. usually carries as well as on Amazon. This allows for long smokes and don't have to keep refilling the little internal one.

Went on an Amazon smoker spending spree last week lol! Cold smoke kit, rib rack, beer can chicken rack, BBQ gloves, and a few other goodies. I think This coming Sunday I will get my feet wet with the smoker. Going to have to go pick out a nice pork butt.

Went on an Amazon smoker spending spree last week lol! Cold smoke kit, rib rack, beer can chicken rack, BBQ gloves, and a few other goodies. I think This coming Sunday I will get my feet wet with the smoker. Going to have to go pick out a nice pork butt.

Make sure you get the shoulder butt and not the picnic shoulder. Other than that, fill that hopper and let her rip. Pics demanded btw!

For better or worse, today is the day! I have 5LBS of country style pig ribs in my new smoker :)
I "brined" them overnight in a mixture of Cherry Dr. Pepper and sea salt, used a food network rub recipe, heated up my smoker, and just popped them in. I have some Apple wood chips that I plan on using. I also have some Cherry and some Mesquite. My reading leads me to believe that the Apple will add a soft smokey taste that's a bit sweet. The Mesquite is more bold and spicy, so I'll start slow with the Apple.

Trying my first smoke today. We picked up a 9 lb pork butt shoulder and seasoned it real good.

ecdb0a2dffc79370a45735c103ad584b.jpg

90e05167d74a4edab352105df61fffdd.jpg

Put it in the smoker this morning on 250 f with Apple wood chips. Can't wait for dinner!

3a4891d4692d5e2ca23a64847c4fa930.jpg

Wow, look at everyone! Great job guys and gals. I am currently building a patio and covered area for my smoker. Can't wait for this project to be done and host a little BBQ FUPA style!

Had some company over last night and decided to smoke another Boston Butt. This one came out even better than the first!

082c34113cd539871c2d999b0d9d0563.jpg

01e03d42c1497334289fe3145e6ff0c2.jpg

Excellent sir!!!!

If your open to criticism...id say you could slap on more rub to really coat the entire butt. From the first picture it looks a little spotty. Pork butts can take a whole heap of rub. I'll see if I can dig up a photo

Excellent sir!!!!

If your open to criticism...id say you could slap on more rub to really coat the entire butt. From the first picture it looks a little spotty. Pork butts can take a whole heap of rub. I'll see if I can dig up a photo

Definitely open to any advice. I did kinda rush this one and I am realizing that preparing and planning is super important! Thought the meat and bark were delicious we didn't eat until 8:30 lol. This cut of meat hit a stall in temperature that the first cut did not. It was a smaller butt and took longer to smoke.

For those reading, the stall happens as the meat gets near 160 degrees. This is the temp in which fat begins to render down. This process also simultaneously cools the meat as the fat juices run out, hence the stall.

Definitely open to any advice. I did kinda rush this one and I am realizing that preparing and planning is super important! Thought the meat and bark were delicious we didn't eat until 8:30 lol. This cut of meat hit a stall in temperature that the first cut did not. It was a smaller butt and took longer to smoke.

Very nice job regardless. If it was good, that's all that matters. Got into injections yet? I love playing with flavors injected into pork.

Very nice job regardless. If it was good, that's all that matters. Got into injections yet? I love playing with flavors injected into pork.

No injections yet. I did join Smoking Meat Forums so I will look it up over there. Lots of good info!

For those reading, the stall happens as the meat gets near 160 degrees. This is the temp in which fat begins to render down. This process also simultaneously cools the meat as the fat juices run out, hence the stall.

Spot on sir [emoji12]

Back