OT - Paintball Marker

bartecki

Hi,
I need a "better then rental" marker for a next Monday. I do not want to spend around $500 between marker bottle and loader - just because I don't use it this much. At the same time people that I will play with have high end equipment and they know how to use it so rental will mean suffering for me.
I found one cheap solution: Azodin Kaos + cheap Viewloader Force and I can borrow bottle from someone. Would you buy it? Does anybody have any experience with that marker?
Or maybe someone is selling something reasonable for cheap that would work for me. I know that there are some paintball experienced people among us. Let me know what you think please. I could also rent from someone, if that person is ready to do it with nice equipment. I will appreciate any help, or just better look at the subject.
Thanks

I was looking at Invert MINI, but that's $300.00 plusloader 100.00 and bottle.... I will play maybe two, tree times. Too much.

Smart Parts Ion? (165+free shipping some places)

...Does anyone know if these are as good [for the price] as some dude told me they are?

IONS ARE AMAZING i have one and have a new board in it and shoot 22 balls a sec in semi auto great gun. VERY DEAD ON! put a 15 inch barell on it and your golden!

ions are garbage and tech nightmares.... every ion I have seen started off pretty good and then after a few times of using they start falling apart. Never seen so many things go wrong with a gun. Get a used PM_. Protos are pretty decent guns. I've got an 05 ego that I would get rid of pretty cheap if you were interested (pm and I will give you details). I thought about starting to play again and if I do I refuse to shoot anything except a Dye gun. I have owned matrixes, timmys, shockers, and egos. For me personally, nothing shoots better than a matrix.

if you are interested in a real nice used high end marker. let me know. i can get one for you. better deal then anyone can give you.

tvrsir - this is a little OT - is your screenname the same on here as Pbnation? I was checking out the team threads the other day and saw you as team capt or at least organizer in one of the threads

ions are not garbage aslong as they are PROPERLY taken care of. i suppose my adreneline impulse is garbage too?

I wouldnt say that... I shot a toxic impulse for awhile that was a great marker. Ions on the other hand I have never known anyone that had a reliable one. And of all of those problems they weren't something easy to fix... they were something crazy that would take an hour or two to figure out. I'm not a marker snob like some people that just say ions are bad because they are cheap... I would recommend a rail or one of the other entry level tournament guns over an ion just because the track record I have seen. Now I have seen some ions that were pretty nice but they were pretty much a completely new marker as everything internal and external had been upgraded which IMHO defeats the purpose of an ion.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14713819#post14713819 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kawicivic
I thought about starting to play again and if I do I refuse to shoot anything except a Dye gun. I have owned matrixes, timmys, shockers, and egos. For me personally, nothing shoots better than a matrix.

I couldn't agree more. After all the markers I've owned (dark angel, evo-x autococker, custom ebladed autococker, led matrix, to my Ironman Matrix), to ones that Ive shot from teammates (any marker known to man) I will only shoot a matrix...

I think they're just super smooth and rock solid reliable....

I know of a few people who had issues with their ions as well, so keep that in mind.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14713891#post14713891 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kawicivic
tvrsir - this is a little OT - is your screenname the same on here as Pbnation? I was checking out the team threads the other day and saw you as team capt or at least organizer in one of the threads

that would be me.

That would be him. I would use a rental and play against anyone. Rentals are great just make sure the barrel is clean. Adrenalin impulse haven't heard that in a long time. My advice would be any matrix old or new is awesome a little tlc and u have a killn machine. I know that is all I have used for the last 5years.

Back