OT: Snorkeling on Vacation

Bcollins111900

The wife and I booked a 7 day western carribean cruise for this summer to celebrate our one year anniv. Ports of call are Costa Maya Mexico, Rotan Bay Islands Honduras, Belize City Belize, and Cozmuel Mexico (Leaving from and retuning to New Orleans). Wanted to get some insight if anyone has been snorkeling at any of these locations? From what I have read Belize may be the best place to snorkel but have also read that they have the best tree top zip lines. Any help would be great.

You will like Rotan best overall. As for best snorkeling they all should be good, Cozmuel is over run with tourist so snorkeling might not be the best.

Yeah we love Norweigian Cruise Lines. Have been about all of them and we keep coming back to NCL. Any suggestions on shore excursions?

find something else to do in cozmuel. i snorkled there and i saw the same two corals everywhere far inbetween. i did the clear kayak and snorkle excursion and the kayak was fun but i seen much better places for snorkle.

In cozumel we went to an "eco-park" called Chankanaab. You could snorkel at your leasure in several locations, walk some nice nature trails, lay out in hammocks, swim with dolphins, etc. Overall it was a B- experience, but it was a short cab ride from the boat docks and was very relaxing. We packed our own snorkel gear as we always do, because rental gear is never any good.

We ate in town at the hard rock cafe which has to be the tiniest hard rock in the world, but was still fun. Good food. Overall, we didn't care for cozumel, but I'm told that the other side of the island where all the resorts are is much nicer. You just don't have that much time during shore excursions on a cruise to see all of the island.

Back