OT: Valle Luna salsa

Cody Ray

Is it just me or is Valle Luna's chunky salsa some of the best salsa out there! It is sweet but doesn't have a big kick to it. I think they are using grilled tomatos or canned grilled tomatos to get that sweet taste. Does anybody know how they make their salsa?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8097661#post8097661 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by evolust
I think you should change your saying under your name to I love grilled tomatoes! :)

Nice one, that was funny.

There is one on the SE corner of Dobson and Ray in Chandler. Not the best Mexican food, but a decent place to eat. I always eat too many chips and order Pollo Fundido. When I am in that area, I prefer to eat at the Sushi place next door.

My vote goes to Bajio on Stapley and the 60. Honey butter shrimp tacos w/ mango salsa is ecstasy, along with the green chile chicken tortilla salad. You cant go wrong with anything there. Plus if you bring your movie stubs from across the street its good for $2 off any entree.

My vote goes to Carlos O'Briens for salsa. Their cheese crisp piled high with salsa is TO DIE FOR.

Crystal

If I ever go to Carlos O' Briens again it will be too soon. That's where our office usually goes for 'special' occasions. I think I've just had it one too many times.

I likey me the Pepes Taco Villa on Camelback and 20th ave.

Even though we've never met Crystal, I thought of you last night as I was hunting another mantis and found three lovely bristleworms. When I told my wife 'bristleworms are our pals' she told me I was nuts.

We LLLOOOVVVEEE!!! Carlos O'Brien's. Best salsa and chips. We could go there every week and not get tired of it.

OK...the VERY best salsa has to go to Abuelo's on chandler and price. YUMMMMMMMMM! I usually don't eat many of the big chunks in salsa, but their's is a chunky puree. I eat every bit!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8105770#post8105770 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by elzool
Even though we've never met Crystal, I thought of you last night as I was hunting another mantis and found three lovely bristleworms. When I told my wife 'bristleworms are our pals' she told me I was nuts.

ROFL!!! That is too funny. Good to know the message of the BPA is getting out there though. :D

Crystal

This is OT of the OT thread but Crystal since u are planing to move to Flagstaff have u scoped out any good LFS up there? I will be heading up there next year and was curious :D

I haven't scoped yet. But there are quite a few Flag folks here so if you start a thread about it I am sure they'll have some opinions.

Are you planning on going to NAU?

Crystal

I have a campus tour scheduled for October, I really enjoy Flagstaff in general. There was one store that I would vist sometimes (not the greatest) but they closed.

Back