over stocking???

Yea I would deff say thats a little overstocked... Is the tank reef or FO i dont remember seeing that..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7038118#post7038118 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bruce-mimi
MY GOD PEOPLE...I HAVE A PURPLE TANG IN MY 12 GAL. NANO AT THE OFFICE...HE'S DOING FINE...(THOUGH ON THE SIDE, I HAVE AN EXTERNAL SKIMMER, ADD ON WET & DRY SUMP, AND A 10 GAL. REFUGIUM)...THE 12 GAL NANO HAS ONE CLOWN, ONE ANTHIAS, TWO CHROMIS, ONE HAWKFISH, ONE BICOLOR PSUEDO, ONE FIRE SHRIMP, SNAILS, HERMIT, OVER 12 DIFFERENT TYPES OF SOFT CORALS...THEY'RE DOING FINE I TELL YOU...(concurently, i'm ordering a 400 gal. for them...poor kids, had no space to swim in...they often jump out of the tank, however, landed right back in....)

3 posts, registered Feb 2006
A tang in a 12g
Trolling...........

Definitely someone to be listened to...:rolleyes:

6' tank - 180 would be good
an 8' tank would b emuch better
eel & lionfish can be messy eaters
A good size sump & an oversided skimmer
Plus enough flow to keep detrius in water column until it is skimmed out

it all comes down to how much you can afford...if you really want to keep the fish, you are going to need a MUCH bigger tank, something with some pretty decent length...if you can't afford it, trade in the fish that need the more room and use the credit toward some coral or something...you just have too many fish that grow too large :(

If you want to use the lighting, then go with the 120 by AGA. But get rid of the Angel and at least one of the tangs (preferably both). If you get rid of the Angel and both Tangs, maybe you could pick up another smaller tomato as a buddy for the one you have right now. Seeing as how there will be less fish and less activity in the tank than you are currently used to, I think that you would be satisfied if you had the two tomato clowns and an anemone to bring some life to the aquarium without having to worry about tank size.

Back