Cobalt Heater
kessil A350W at 50%
Kessil Gooseneck mount
IM Ghost Skimmer
Aqua Caddy w/Purigen and Chemi Pure
30lbs of sand
20lbs base rock

Been cycling for 3 weeks.
Water is cloudy and can't dial in skimmer.
1.022 salinity, Temp 80 degrees, ammonia 0

I would think the baskets should be empty now and the skimmer air off.(not feeding right?) Just mechanical filtration on top. I'd keep the mp running slow too..maybe that's the clouding issue. The chem pure and purgen could also be slowing the cycle. And the kessil even at 50% may cause an early algae bloom..
Salinity is a bit low but you can raise it on your next water change. Has ammonia spiked yet? Ph stable?
Fwiw, my opinion..
Good luck!

Fusion 40
IM matching stand
Ecotech MP10ES in ReefCrest mode
Cobalt Heater
kessil A350W at 50%
Kessil Gooseneck mount
IM Ghost Skimmer
Aqua Caddy w/Purigen and Chemi Pure
30lbs of sand
20lbs base rock

Been cycling for 3 weeks.
Water is cloudy and can't dial in skimmer.
1.022 salinity, Temp 80 degrees, ammonia 0

Looking at your tank from the front........
Chamber 1/2/3/4/5
I put my heater in number #4
Ghost skimmer in #2
Aqua Caddy in #1 and #5
Return pump in #3 obviously.

Looking at your tank from the front........
Chamber 1/2/3/4/5
I put my heater in number #4
Ghost skimmer in #2
Aqua Caddy in #1 and #5
Return pump in #3 obviously.

following Code3emt lay out

1& 5 caddy
2 reactor
3 return and heater submerged
4 skimmer

1 Tunze skimmer
2 empty for now
3 stock return pump & 150w Jager
4 Fuge with macro algae
5 Basket with purigen and chemipure elite

may move things around later tho.

Same..1 will be fuge when intank basket ships..3 also has probes and ato. It's crammed..i had to take the probe holder out to get the ato sensor in..

following Code3emt lay out

1& 5 caddy
2 reactor
3 return and heater submerged
4 skimmer

Thanks guys! I'm trying to figure out my layout... but this helps a lot. Def. going to be crammed!

metank_zpsad567e1b.jpg

Anyone consider building a canopy for their 40? I miss that closed look..
I work with some fabricators...I'll have to see what they say...should be a box with some rails to sit on the tank edges along with some vents for circ, and a hinge in front for feeding and room out back for cables etc.
Pretty sure inTank is going to make a sump cover but I think I wanna go full...

I am a new owner of a fusion 40. I could use some help. I am battling an algae problem and could use help. Every day on the top flat part of my rock there is a covering of reddish brown algae. I tried blowing it off with a turkey baster but it comes back. I have my maspect razor light set for under 50% intensity and just lowered it a little more. I added 2 Jebao WP10s for more flow. I am running chemipure elite, purigen and filter floss. I have one IM media basket set up on one side with the filter floss on top, then purigen, then the chemipure elite. I don't have any other filter media on the other side. I am doing 3 gallon water changes weekly. I have 25 lbs of live rock and I have live sand. The tank was set up in April so it is fairly new. The only thing I am not running is a skimmer because I was undecided which one to buy. I have 2 clownfish and 1 sand sifting goby and assorted snails. I have cut down on feeding my fish. I use only RO/DI water. Would the skimmer help to get this under control? Any other suggestions?

Back