Owners Thread: Innovative Marine Fusion 40

Slowly coming together.

IMG_20140902_184246_zpsbe50e5b1.jpg

IMG_20140901_192257_zps250606ca.jpg

thats one of the things I dislike about the tank. From what I have read, the water line is just below the rear chamber baffle walls. This does expose the tops of the return nozzles..and yes, micro bubble hell. I turn them to reseal them at least once a week or I see bursts of MBs...I considered raising the baffles in the sump to bring the level up an inch..haven't had time to actually do it yet..

Hi, again :wavehand:, from the other thread. I called IM about my micro bubbles. I asked about the water level. He said you can run the water in the sump at the same height as the baffles. He said if I want to raise the water level in the main display, I could put some sponges or something at the returns (? where the water drains into the sump) to increase the water level. Now that you are mentioning the bubbles from the return nozzles, mine are exposed, too.

Hi, again :wavehand:, from the other thread. I called IM about my micro bubbles. I asked about the water level. He said you can run the water in the sump at the same height as the baffles. He said if I want to raise the water level in the main display, I could put some sponges or something at the returns (? where the water drains into the sump) to increase the water level. Now that you are mentioning the bubbles from the return nozzles, mine are exposed, too.

I guess that could work. Don't know how well the skimmer would function at that level. You'd probably have to raise that up as well to keep water from backfilling the cup. Probably worth a shot..

I am a new owner of a fusion 40. I could use some help. I am battling an algae problem and could use help. Every day on the top flat part of my rock there is a covering of reddish brown algae. I tried blowing it off with a turkey baster but it comes back. I have my maspect razor light set for under 50% intensity and just lowered it a little more. I added 2 Jebao WP10s for more flow. I am running chemipure elite, purigen and filter floss. I have one IM media basket set up on one side with the filter floss on top, then purigen, then the chemipure elite. I don't have any other filter media on the other side. I am doing 3 gallon water changes weekly. I have 25 lbs of live rock and I have live sand. The tank was set up in April so it is fairly new. The only thing I am not running is a skimmer because I was undecided which one to buy. I have 2 clownfish and 1 sand sifting goby and assorted snails. I have cut down on feeding my fish. I use only RO/DI water. Would the skimmer help to get this under control? Any other suggestions?

How long is your light cycle? What's your water tests show?
You could try no lights for 3 days. That's always worked for me...but if your phosphates are high...it'll just come back. How often do you feed?
Skimmer will help some...not all.
How often do you change cpe?
Sorry for all the questions..you could try to post same in water chemistry forum..

How long is your light cycle? What's your water tests show?
You could try no lights for 3 days. That's always worked for me...but if your phosphates are high...it'll just come back. How often do you feed?
Skimmer will help some...not all.
How often do you change cpe?
Sorry for all the questions..you could try to post same in water chemistry forum..

Phosphates are less than 0.25. Ammonia is 0. Nitrates are 10. My lights ramp up and down to full intensity (which I am keeping at less than 50%). The lights are on for 8 hours but most of the time they are ramping up or down. They are only on what I have set as full intensity for @3.5 hours. I have shut the lights out for 3 days but after the lights go back on the algae comes back. I only feed every 2-3 days

PO4 0.25 or .025? If it is 0.25, that might be your culprit. I thought I was up there when I had .10! You might try larger water changes like 7-10g, along with some fresh cpe or cpb, or even a gfo reactor to bring it down..I wouldn't do it all at once either. Especially if you have corals. Some don't like rapid changes..
I would still suggest you post this in the chem forum as there are much more experienced folks over there waiting to help!
Good luck!

Thanks for sharing the info. This will help a lot of Fusion owners. I wasn't sure how high I should leave the water level either. :thumbsup:

I had the micro bubble for about 6 weeks. Sometimes a lot, sometimes very little.

I Upgraded to this tank from a biocube 14.

Apex controler
Ghost skimmer
IM reactor- bio pellets
1 custom caddy with perigen, Chemi-pure and fugu with cheto
ATO Tunze
MP 10

I have a Kessil 150. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 360.

I had the micro bubble for about 6 weeks. Sometimes a lot, sometimes very little.

I Upgraded to this tank from a biocube 14.

Apex controler
Ghost skimmer
IM reactor- bio pellets
1 custom caddy with perigen, Chemi-pure and fugu with cheto
ATO Tunze
MP 10

I have a Kessil 150. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the 360.

:):):)

These work well for cabinet lighting.

lol..been using a flashlight. I mounted the apex display on the outside of the cabinet so I rarely open the controller side. The other side houses my test equip, dry food, and ATO jug so I go in there at least once a day.
I have a couple of those puck lights in my gun safe. They work pretty well, so I guess I need to get a couple for the tank stand now!

Been busy. With everything but the tank...added the second mp today..fighting a sand bed outbreak too...couple new corals. The peach scoly is insane!

imagejpg1_zps694fe4c8.jpg

I put the light lower so I don't have anymore light spill.
I ordered an Avast ATO pump because the tom aqua lifter couldn't do the job!

IMG_20140908_191347_zps136f13fa.jpg

Back