Owners Thread: Innovative Marine Fusion 40

I've always run 2 baskets, 1 intank and 1 IM custom. Floss on top. Misc stuff in the lowers. I took the stock sponges out on startup and have been using floss since...

Does anyone have any experience running two media baskets in this tank? I ordered one and put it in the tank yesterday then decided to order a 2nd one. I do have a tunze protein skimmer that I will probably install sometime next week. The 2nd media basket should be here at the end of this week and was just wondering if that could be too much filtration. Everything in the tank seems to be doing well but with the stock baskets tank was a little cloudy. Not to sure if it is micro bubbles because i don't have a ATO system and the evaporation is crazy so I have to keep adding water. Or if it is just kinda murky from the cycle. Any input would help greatly! Love this IM40

I've always run 2 baskets, 1 intank and 1 IM custom. Floss on top. Misc stuff in the lowers. I took the stock sponges out on startup and have been using floss since...

Ok the only thing that scared me is from what I am reading if I the two Intank baskets on the outside chambers is my tunze 9004 going to fit? MMM I hope so. Not at home to try it out so ill have to wait until I get home. In my baskets I have filter/purigen/chemi pure elte. Hope it does the trick.

should fit in #2 or #4 with no issues..I have the ghost in 4 and reactor in 2...perfect fit..

Ok the only thing that scared me is from what I am reading if I the two Intank baskets on the outside chambers is my tunze 9004 going to fit? MMM I hope so. Not at home to try it out so ill have to wait until I get home. In my baskets I have filter/purigen/chemi pure elte. Hope it does the trick.

I have a couple of questions for a newbie fusion 40 owner. Which chamber should I put my ghost skimmer? I don't have an ATO so which chamber keeps the water level more constant? Is it important to run 2 sets of filtration ( floss, chemipure ect) or can I put my skimmer in the first chamber and only run one set of media? Any help is appreciated.

2 or 4 are the most consistent levels. I would still invest in an ato. it makes your life a little easier..and keeps your water level consistent.
some people prefer to not use the baskets at all and rely on natural filtration, ie;live rock etc.
its a personal preference really. if you have 40lbs of good cycled LR and little bioload, you might be ok without.

I have a couple of questions for a newbie fusion 40 owner. Which chamber should I put my ghost skimmer? I don't have an ATO so which chamber keeps the water level more constant? Is it important to run 2 sets of filtration ( floss, chemipure ect) or can I put my skimmer in the first chamber and only run one set of media? Any help is appreciated.

No, the Tunze 9004 will only fit in one of the outer chambers. I really wanted to do the fuge option in one of the caddy slots and didn't want to lose the media basket so very, very, sadly returned the Tunze I had bought for this tank and bought a Ghost. If you want to use the Tunze, you have to give up one of the media basket compartments.

I did not know that. Thanks!

No, the Tunze 9004 will only fit in one of the outer chambers. I really wanted to do the fuge option in one of the caddy slots and didn't want to lose the media basket so very, very, sadly returned the Tunze I had bought for this tank and bought a Ghost. If you want to use the Tunze, you have to give up one of the media basket compartments.

Yes I just found that out last night when I put my Tunze 9004 skimmer in the tank. :( Hopefully in tank will maybe let me get some kinda of credit for other goodies if I return that 2nd basket. If not then I shouldn't have a problem selling them on Ebay. Really wish I would check to see that before I bought both at $59.00 a peace. Well new to the hobby as well so there is my first big rookie mistake. After only one night in the tank though the Tunze 9004 has already seemed to help the water clarity a bunch! Next on the list is a ATO system and more fishies. Ill get some pics up soon.

What's up everyone? Been lurking for a while, first post today. I'm new to the hobby, been doing a ton of reading. Now that I'm wrapping up my last book, I'm starting to map out my setup and order list. I'm sold on the IM fusion 40, just have a couple filtration questions. I've seen a lot of you are running the Media baskets, Midsize Ghost skimmer, and the midsize minimax media reactor.

I'd like to do the same, I just can't figure out where everything would go. I mean, you can put them in the inner chambers, just inside of the media rack/overflow chambers, but where do you put your heater if you do that?

Pictures of your filtration setup would help me out a bunch.

welcome to the addiction!

so from outside in, media basket, skimmer, main pump/heaters/probes/ato, reactor, media basket. You can flip flop the reactor and skimmer to what ever makes it easy for maintenance. And yes, the center chamber is quite full.

good luck!

What's up everyone? Been lurking for a while, first post today. I'm new to the hobby, been doing a ton of reading. Now that I'm wrapping up my last book, I'm starting to map out my setup and order list. I'm sold on the IM fusion 40, just have a couple filtration questions. I've seen a lot of you are running the Media baskets, Midsize Ghost skimmer, and the midsize minimax media reactor.

I'd like to do the same, I just can't figure out where everything would go. I mean, you can put them in the inner chambers, just inside of the media rack/overflow chambers, but where do you put your heater if you do that?

Pictures of your filtration setup would help me out a bunch.

welcome to the addiction!

so from outside in, media basket, skimmer, main pump/heaters/probes/ato, reactor, media basket. You can flip flop the reactor and skimmer to what ever makes it easy for maintenance. And yes, the center chamber is quite full.

good luck!

Do you have a picture?

I just re-read that. So basically the return pump, heated, ATO and probes all go in the middle chamber. Tight quarters huh?

I just re-read that. So basically the return pump, heated, ATO and probes all go in the middle chamber. Tight quarters huh?

There was a pic in the other IM thread of the sump set up but yes, it's pretty full in the middle. I had to remove the probe holder and just sink them as it took up too much room.

Reduck,

How do you like running two ecotechs in the tank? I am feeling that I want to get more flow even after upgrading return. Been battling hair aglea and it is really only my low flow areas

Reduck,

How do you like running two ecotechs in the tank? I am feeling that I want to get more flow even after upgrading return. Been battling hair aglea and it is really only my low flow areas

Its been great. No low flow areas at all. Great movement.I have them set just a little over halfway up directly opposed to each other running in anti sync. I thought about putting them both on the same side and running them in sync but they've been perfect as they are..

Its been great. No low flow areas at all. Great movement.I have them set just a little over halfway up directly opposed to each other running in anti sync. I thought about putting them both on the same side and running them in sync but they've been perfect as they are..

Thanks. I think I will get another one and keep them on one side, like that clean look. Puppy is pretty much trained and now it's back to the fish.

dosing Kalk?

dosing Kalk?

just curious what methods folks are using to dose kalk in the fusion 40 - I'm thinking about the Tunze 3152 nano ATO and just adding pre-mixed kalk to the ATO container...

thanks

just curious what methods folks are using to dose kalk in the fusion 40 - I'm thinking about the Tunze 3152 nano ATO and just adding pre-mixed kalk to the ATO container...

thanks

I did just that for a short while. It worked ok, just need to watch for precipitation in the ATO jug.

Anyone else having issues with detritus collecting in bottom chamber down where the return pump sits? It looks like a brown sandy substance, but it's definitely not sand from my sand bed.

Anyone else having issues with detritus collecting in bottom chamber down where the return pump sits? It looks like a brown sandy substance, but it's definitely not sand from my sand bed.

I had some nasty brown algae in there and a bit of grit, but I assume sand or other detritus. I now vacuum it during wc to keep it cleanish..

Back